Galeries Lafayette Review
The stunning Byzantine glass coupole (dome) of the city's most famous department store is not to be missed. Amble to the center of the main store, amid the perfumes and cosmetics, and look up. If you're not in the mood for shopping, sip a glass of champagne at the Bar à Bulles at the top of the first-floor escalator. Or have lunch at one of the restaurants, including a rooftop café in the main store (open in spring and summer). On your way down, the top floor of the main store is a good place to pick up interesting Parisian souvenirs. Next door, the excellent Lafayette Gourmet food hall, on the second floor of the men's store, has one of the city's best selections of delicacies. Try a green tea éclair from Japanese–French baker Sadaharu Aoki.
- Address: 40 bd. Haussmann, Opéra/Grands Boulevards, Paris, 75009 | Map It
- Phone: /01–42–82–34–56
- Hours: Mon.–Wed., Fri., and Sat. 9:30–7:30, Thurs. 9:30–9; closed Sun.
- Website: www.galerieslafayette.com
- Subway: Chaussée d'Antin, Opéra; RER A: Auber
- Location: Les Grands Boulevards