- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Check Rates from our Partners
Gramercy Park Hotel Review
Ian Schrager, boutique hotelier extraordinaire, decorated this property with contemporary art by the likes of Andy Warhol and Jean-Michel Basquiat. The lobby has a chic, hushed quality but upstairs, rooms go for fabulousness over comfort, with draped velvet, studded leather, and very red drapes. Try for a view overlooking Gramercy Park if you can swing it; staffers will also let you in the gated private park on request. Maialino, Danny Meyer's Roman trattoria, has been a hit since day one; use your hotel connections to snag a reservation. The rooftop garden, renamed Gramercy Terrace, has a retractable roof 17 stories above the city and serves breakfast, lunch, and weekend brunch. The Rose Bar remains exclusive, with access only if you're a guest or if you've made a reservation.
This boutique hotel embraces a spirit of high bohemia mixed with rock-and-roll baroque, a concept created by Ian Schrager and designed by painter and director Julian Schnabel. Dark-red velvet couches and chandeliers grace the lobby, where Picassos hang above fireplaces. Candles set on tables detailed with studs, richly carpeted rooms, and leather high-back chairs create drama that's not overdone.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $298-$335 -- NYC: Weekends at Stylish Midtown Hotel, 20% Off Sofitel New York
- $179 & up -- NYC Marriott Hotels thru August, 35% Off Marriott Hotels & Resorts
- $15.78 & up -- Car Rentals across New York CarRentals.com
- $48.50 -- Percussive Troupe 'Stomp' in NYC, Reg. $78 'Stomp'
- $204-$228 -- NYC: Daily at 4-Star Hotel in Summer, 45% Off — $204-$228 InterContinental New York Barclay
A little history
Back in the day, (I say that because I’d rather not think of just how long it’s been) I was going to New York regularly for work. Read more
Warning - this is pretty long!
My sister (60, from Rhode Island) and I (56, from Florida) decided it would be fun to spend Memorial Day weekend in New York City, specifically in Manhattan. She had bee Read more
Me and my wife are planning to visit USA on August, and trying to build 8 days round trip from NY by car that will include Niagra Falls and Toronto.
We are looking for a nice combination o Read more
· News & Features
Need we say more?... Read more
On the tip of Mexico's Baja Peninsula, sun-drenched Los Cabos draws in everyone from honeymooners and... Read more
Switzerland may be best known for its frosty summits, but the tiny-yet-diverse country opens up in summertime... Read more