Search

Isla Mujeres

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 01:57 PM
Marie

Isla Mujeres

My husband and I traveled to Isla Mujeres in December 2001 and stayed at the hotel Cristalmar. It was a very nice hotel (relative to others on the island) with a very nice staff. Downside is the trip into town. If anyone is looking for information on the trip, I'd be happy to supply it.

Old Mar 11th, 2002, 09:02 PM
Daria

I'd be very interested to hear about Cristalmar because I have not heard of it in all my research into Isla Mujeres. Particularly how were rooms, service, food, and swimming pool, and is it a good beach for swimming? Thanks.

Old Mar 12th, 2002, 04:59 PM
d motl

/daria<BR>Be sure to visit isla-mujeres.net<BR>Also we spend one month per year on the island and would be happy to e-mail you our home grown brouchure on the island if you e-mail us with a request. Warning--it is 27 pages long because we have been working at it for 11 years

Old Jul 9th, 2004, 10:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please help with any advice on the Cristalmar. we have stayed at nautbeach, loved it, including the family access to pool, beach and walk to town for kida ages 12-16. It's all booked up for Christmas week and the Cristalmar is available. We are thinking of booking it for a family reunion (15 people ages 6-75)and are concerned the cab rides to town and the west end beaches will make the trip less pleasant.
Any advice?
TAMSG
Old Jul 10th, 2004, 05:40 PM

We stayed at the Cristalmar in March 2003. We were very happy. The rooms are basic....we had a two bedroom and the second bedroom was an odd shape and had a window that opened to a brick wall....However as my daughter was only in it for sleep time it was fine. The rest of the suite was clean and pretty spacious. Ask for the corner rooms if you can get them....if you call the hotel directly you can get a reduced price if it is not too busy. The staff was friendly and helpful...we would definately return.

It is a quiet beach great for a reunion. Nice pool as well. You can walk to the turtle sanctuary....just down the beach.

You cannot walk to town, but the cab ride is only 5 minutes...or you can rent golf carts....The restaurant was very good as was the restaurant next door Il Tiborone.

Hope this helps
Old Jul 10th, 2004, 06:29 PM

I am desperately seeking any information on boat (sail or power) cruises that take you from Cancun to Isla Mujeres, let you snorkel and eat lunch and then return at sunset to Cancun. I read of one on a Catamarn but it is not available next week when we are down there. Can anyone point me in the right direction??
Old Jul 11th, 2004, 04:05 AM

Don't worry nutmeg.
There are bunches of those types of day sails, and this is off season, so there will be availability somewhere.
Try contacting your hotel and seeing if they can recommend someone, or try googling &quot;sail Isla Mujeres&quot; or &quot;catamaran Isla Mujeres.&quot;
We were on IM a couple of months ago, and it was off-season, and there were multiple cats and party boats coming over every day with stops to snorkel.
You'll find something - even if you don't locate one until you get to Cancun.
Old Jul 11th, 2004, 06:50 AM
gdy

I'm familiar with Hotel Cristalmar as we have customers that we've booked there. I just got back from there last month and have photos of that hotel. Just email me at [email protected].
Old Jul 11th, 2004, 03:07 PM
owa

d motl, Would you please e-mail me your 27 page information? Thanks. [email protected]

Old Jul 16th, 2004, 06:45 PM

Can not e-mail you from this sight.
e-mail us at [email protected] for the isla mujueres brochure.