Sibonne or Royal West Indies

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26th, 2007, 10:07 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Which is the better place to stay, Sibonne or Royal West Indies? My husband and I are traveling without children in May. Details of your own experience of either property would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old Jan 26th, 2007, 12:36 PM

I stayed at RWI and thought it was great.Very new condo like rooms with good views.(bldg 2 best)Much (larger) nicer pool than Sibonne,but Sibonne has a better restaurant.Both on one of the nicest beaches you will find anywhere.
Old Jan 26th, 2007, 02:40 PM

Sibonne is a smaller, older, and perhaps smaller rooms. Probably the least number of steps from your room to the beach than RWI, unless you are staying beachfront, if that is important. The pool is tiny, more like a plunge pool than for swimming.

RWI is a bigger resort, with more than 1 pool I believe. But who wants to stay by the pool when beautiful Grace Bay is there!

You can't go wrong with either one, just a matter of preference.
Old Jan 26th, 2007, 02:44 PM

don't forget the biggest difference is rwi will have kitchen or kitchenette...sibonne the rooms are like hotel rooms not condo's...only the beach front apt has a kitchen...
Old Jan 29th, 2007, 11:48 AM

I just returned from the Sibonne and had a great time. It's a very small hotel that has that Old Caribbean feel to it. We stayed in the Gardenview King size room.

A few details:
- Small; walk to beach is less than 30 seconds. No joke.
- Great restaurant right on beach.
- Great rates
- Centrally located on Grace Bay
- Beach is not crowded
- beautiful garden

I would recommend a stay here for shorter trips due to the lack of a kitchen. We did stock our fridge with beer, fruit, milk, lunch meat, yogurt, etc and had no problems.

The hotel is not a full service resort--the restaurant is independent from the hotel meaning you can't charge meals to your room, etc. There's no cabana boy taking drink orders on the beach. Guests pick up and return beach towels from the front desk---they were out a few times. Everything is very laid back. This might suit some to a tee---and others not so much.

I've heard nothing but good things about RWI but we went with the Sibonne purely on its size, the price, and our belief that there would be fewer kids. There was only one couple at the Sibonne traveling with their children---they were very well behaved and seemed happy to have the pool to themselves. No need really to dip into the tiny pool---the beach is literally right there and it is perfect. Really.

If you do choose the Sibonne, I would suggest not getting a first floor room. If you can get the apartment, I would try for that.
Old Jan 30th, 2007, 07:30 AM
KVR

We stayed at the Sibonne in May, 06. There were no children staying at the hotel when we went. It's a small hotel and very quite. A limited breakfast was included in the price and we got a free upgrade to a room with a seperate living area. Te hotel is nicely located on Grace Bay and is within walking distance to Ports of Call and Salt Mills.

I agree with everything Fraggle stated in her post.