Advice Please:Sibonne vs RWI

Old Sep 12th, 2004, 08:36 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Advice Please:Sibonne vs RWI

We have a reservation for Sibonne for a balcony ocean view room, but RWI has a deal for a Studio botanical view with one night free that make it a little cheaper....does anyone have any insight on which way to go? Thanks for the help.
Old Sep 12th, 2004, 12:31 PM

We stayed at RWI in April. The property is very clean, beautiful landscaping and the pools and beach were delightful. It's quiet and we often felt like we had the place to ourselves. The restaurant is perfect for lunch or dinner. I can't say enough great things about RWI. We have stayed at several islands over the years and RWI was one of our favorites!! If you have any questions you can email me.
Old Sep 14th, 2004, 05:26 AM

If you were choosing between the apartment at Sibonne or even the two suites below the apartment (Think they call them executive suites) I would say stay at Sibonne hands down. The balcony ocean view rooms are really partial ocean view. The studio suites at RWI are very nice with large sitting area full sized refrigerator, microwave coffee maker etc and the one we saw even had a washer and dryer. Tough choice but would probably go with RWI although the restaurant Bay Bistro at Sibonne is a lot better than Mango Reef at RWI and you can also walk to Hemmingways at the Sands which is quite good.
Old Sep 14th, 2004, 06:58 AM

I would agree, go with the RWI. I was at Sibonne a few weeks ago, and while it was great for the money I spent (and the beach is divine), the ocean view balcony rooms ARE rather small and there is only a sliver of an ocean view from the balcony. Now, the rooms are beautifully decorated, brand new and very clean, but there's no getting around the fact that they are tiny. I didn't mind because I got an awesome rate, and because Sibonne is so small, it's never crowded (no need to claim beach chairs at 7:00 am!). The hotel's The Bay Bistro is wonderful for dinner especially (I wasn't blown away by the lunches), and the short walk to Hemingway's is another plus. On the minus side -- the pool is VERY small, more of a big bathtub (I didn't care, the ocean is gorgeous, but some might need a pool), and beach towels are given out once when you arrive and that's IT. We tried to get clean beach towels midway through our trip and were told, very nicely, that they didn't have others to give us. I wasn't crazy about that, but again, at the price I got I didn't mind. The other minus I DID mind, was very loud construction right next door, almost on TOP of the place. It looks like it'll take another 3-4 months before the monster resort is all completed, and when it is, Sibonne's beautiful peaceful beach won't be pristine and uncrowded anymore unfortunately.

Teresa
Old Sep 16th, 2004, 09:34 AM
Original Poster

Thanks so much for the advice...looks like RWI for us
Old Sep 16th, 2004, 10:06 AM

Not sure what RWI is? Can you clue me in?! We are looking for a new delayed honeymoon destination since Ivan hit the Caymans. The Siboney looked nice but still not sure where to go!
Old Sep 16th, 2004, 10:33 AM

Royal West Indies
Old Sep 16th, 2004, 02:36 PM

To Reeses..pieces
Go to royalwestindies.com and check out the property on their website. Sorry about Ivan and the Caymans, but Jeanne may be headed for T&C. Good luck!!
Old Sep 16th, 2004, 05:28 PM
kendall

I believe the RWI website has been down since Hurricane Charlie. Their host is in Florida. Does anyone know when it will be back up? Probably not some time soon with all of the hurricanes...