Anyone been to Sibonne in TC recently?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15th, 2004, 10:09 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw a posting about construction next door. I Wondered if that was still a problem. We are not going until May. It seems to be on a quieter end of Grace Beach.

I also read a posting that stated they were given one beach towel during their stay. When they asked for another they were told there were none.

Any info is appreciated!
Old Nov 16th, 2004, 01:22 PM

Stayed in the one bedroom apt when Sibonne was Le Deck and have seen it since it became Sibonne and the whole place was redecorated and renovated. If you look at the picture of Sibonne on the web site the apt is on the right side on the second floor. Can't get much closer to the beach. It has a living/dining area, kitchen, bedroom with queen sized bed and a bath with shower (No tub). Very nice deck half of which it screened for eating out. Last year it was $245 off season which is a good price. Downside small pool, upside excellent restaurant--Bay Bistro- and Junior is a super bartender. Assume you did a Sibonne search on this site. Suggest going to www.caribbean-on-line.com turks and caicos forum and doing one there and also www.turksandcaicosforum.com and search there. They are building Somerset about 5oo yards to the east but it was under roof in April so by next May shouldn't be a problem
Old Nov 17th, 2004, 05:03 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Howard. We are not pool people at all. So that is not an issue for us. The proximity to the beach is really our interest. RWI, the Sands and OC all seem to be back off the beach. The rate for the apt is $275 off season this year. Same as an RWI 1 bdrm deluxe suite.

Do you know how long ago Sibonne took over the property?

I am leaning towards Sibonne because it seems to be on a less developed part of the beach based on a map with properties mapped out on it. Is that true? Sounds like you know the beach very well based on all the posting I?ve seen out here from you.

I inquired about the construction and was told it sort of behind Sibonne. Also asked about the beach towels and was told they are provided daily.

Thanks again for responding!
Old Nov 18th, 2004, 04:56 AM

I think Sibonne would be a good choice.
Losing track of time but Le Deck became Sibonne within the last 7 years. We always go there to check it out and have dinner. Don't think construction will be a problem when you are going. The apartment is very popular and books up fast. Tried to stay there last April but they were booked ao we ended up at Coral gardens again.
Old Nov 18th, 2004, 01:20 PM

We have been to the Sands twice now and really liked it. we had an ocean front suite both times ( the same one) and are going back to Provo this February. We wanted something different this time just for a change so booked the apt. at the Sibonne. We walked through the property last year and it was pretty,the restaurant fantastic and the location perfect. You can walk next door to Hemingways, or walk a little way up the beach ( or is it down?) to the Coral Gardens to snorkle. We didn't care about the pool either so that wasn't a consideration and also figured that most of the work will be inside the building next door. We're looking forward to a different experience this year.Good luck and have fun on your vacation.