Search

T&C Club

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21st, 2006, 10:19 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
T&C Club

We will be staying at the Turks and Caicos Club in March. Has anyone stayed there?
Carpe
Old Jan 21st, 2006, 01:37 PM
Original Poster

Meant to aloso ask if you did stay thgere did you like it?
Carpe
Old Jan 21st, 2006, 03:38 PM

We stayed there in 2004, and liked it. Any specific questions? I'd be glad to answer.
Old Jan 22nd, 2006, 05:36 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for replying. We are booked into a first floor room and wondered if there was an ocean view or does shrubbry/trees block the view.(Encountered this in other places) I would prefer the second flooor but it was not available.
There is very little written about this resort on this site and wondered why.
Carpe
Old Jan 22nd, 2006, 05:46 AM

We were upgraded to an oceanfront suite, so I can't say what the first floor views are like. We have some pics taken from the beach facing the hotel; let me know if you want me to send them to you.

We liked this hotel quite a bit. The rooms were very comfortable, with very large and modern kitchens. You can walk to snorkeling at Coral Gardens and also down to Smith's Point (I think that's the name), which is a bit of a hike, but excellent. The pool area was lovely.

The restaurant, Simba, was under new management at the time we were there. The food was good, but service was erractic. This didn't bother us, but it could be a problem for anyone on any kind of schedule. We had lunch a few times at the beach restaurant at Coral Gardens, which we loved. They even had free Internet access.

The only negative to us was a lack of umbrellas at the beach - they had a few, but not many, and they were kind of beat up. I think I heard they've updated a few things, and hopefully this is one of them.

Let me know if you want me to email some pics to you. You'll have a great time, it's a lovely place.

Old Jan 22nd, 2006, 07:29 AM
Original Poster

Thanks!
I'd love to see the pictures!
Carpe
Old Jan 22nd, 2006, 08:31 AM

Here you go, Carpe. As you can see, the place was pretty quiet when these pics were taken. It got a bit livelier when a party of 21 showed up for a wedding, but it never seemed crowded. The balcony shot was taken from a second floor suite.

http://web.mac.com/ratranch/iWeb/Sit...ly%202004.html
Old Jan 22nd, 2006, 05:23 PM

My husband and I stayed at the Sands in October 2005. We walked along the beach past most of the resorts and thought that the T and C club looked very nice. We ate at Simba and enjoyed their food, service and atmosphere. We would put the T and C club on list to check in to if we return to the island someday. I seemed like a more sedate quiet hotel than the Sands was. If you go, please post a trip report!
Old Jan 23rd, 2006, 07:44 AM
Original Poster

Will do...after today's snow...I wish we were there now!
Carpe
Old Jan 24th, 2006, 03:05 AM
Original Poster

IRABBIT Thanks for sending the pictures but I could not locate it.
I will keep trying.
Carpe
Old Jan 24th, 2006, 10:43 AM

We stayed at T & C Club over Thanksgiving in 2003 (9 days). We LOVED it. We stayed in Suite 6, an oceanfront suite. It was perfect. It is in the middle of the building. Out the front door of the suite was the pool, and out the patio door of the suite was the sea. The view is not obstructed at all. Obviously, you see more from the elevated view of the 2nd floor, but you still have a great view. We decided the first floor was better since you were so connected to the pool and beach without having to climb stairs. The stairs are only located on the pool side of the building so if you are at the beach, you would have to walk all the way around the building to get to the stairs. If you stay on the first floor, you walk through your patio door and out the front door to get to the pool area. At that time, the staff was so friendly. The hotel is so small we were sometimes the only people at the pool/beach/pool bar/Simba. That could be a good thing or bad thing. It is also so small that the pool bar is connected to the only restaurant so everything is right at the pool. Our suite is about 20 steps to the pool, restaurant etc. Out the back door of our suite, the beach is directly in front of us. We had a toddler with us and felt perfectly comfortable with him napping in the locked room while we would sit at the pool (or pool bar or restaurant), because the monitor worked at that short distance. The beach was very quiet. Their were no hotels to the left of T & C Club, so to have the entire stretch of one of the most beautiful beaches in the world to yourself was amazing. We would go back in a second, but the rates have bounced way out of our price range. I'm sure you will love it too. Have fun!
Old Jan 25th, 2006, 03:20 AM

Carpe, if you cut and paste the url, it should go directly to the album. Try again, and let me know if that doesn't work. I could email some pics to you.

Old Jan 25th, 2006, 09:02 AM
Original Poster

I did it...never did that cut and paste thing like that before!
The pictures are wonderful...I am very anxiuos to go and get WARM!
Thank you so much for your help!
Carpe
Old Jan 25th, 2006, 02:28 PM

Glad you enjoyed the pics. Wow, March is just around the corner. You'll have a great time, and please post a trip report/review when you return.