my top needs
1. BEST WATER, nicest beach
2. nice rooms
3. great pool
4. quiet, not too crowded.
thanks!
Old Apr 17th, 2005, 02:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Of the three I would put Pompano at one, Fairmont Southhampton at two and Elbow at three. I think if quiet and not too crowded are priorities, Pompano is sooooo far at one not to even consider the other two which draw tons of conventioneers and crowds.
Old Apr 17th, 2005, 04:51 PM
sp

I agree with Pompano - the water is incredible for swimming. It is on a calm bay, is crystal-clear and waist- deep for a few hundred yards out. It really is like being in a huge swimming pool. The rooms have all recently been renovated and are very comfortable. The pool is a medium size, but there are plenty of loungers and the views are to die for. If walking on the beach is a must, then you would like Elbow - it is not located on a bay like the others you mention. Their pool is large, the premier rooms are nice. At Fairmont Southampton, it is quite a hike down the hill to get to the beach - there is a shuttle though. We love Pompano. We just scooter over to Horsehoe Beach when we feel like getting out and going for walks on the beach. It is a very romantic spot!
Old Apr 17th, 2005, 06:26 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
I have not seen Pompano Beach. I have stayed at the south hampton fairmont. The Fairmont is on top of a big hill. The beach is at the bottom. If you are a beach lover, than I would stay somewhere else. I have sat on Elbow Beach's beach. It is an awesome beach. It is much larger, and wider than some of the smaller resorts. I would recommend their beach as one of the best I saw on Bermuda. The grounds looked lovely too. I did not see the rooms. I imagine that they are nice.
Old May 15th, 2005, 01:07 PM

The Pompano Beach gets raves from virtually everyone here, so I don't doubt it's nice. But could anyone speak to the quality of the rooms/the decor in the rooms? I know we wouldn't be going there for the room--we'd be going for the natural beauty outside. But if you spend that kind of money, you still expect something of the room. And when I went to the Pompano's web site, I have to admit I thought the guest room decor in the photos bordered on cheesy. I don't mean to sound like a snob--I'm sure it's far nicer than the average hotel I stay in. But just my initial first impression of their site didn't wow me. Any thoughts? Are Elbow Beach or the Fairmont Southamption nicer accomodations? Have the rooms been renovated at the Pompano since those photos were taken? Let me know what anyone thinks.
Old May 15th, 2005, 07:28 PM

I am actually from Bermuda. Elbow beach, like someone has already said, is a great hotel. The beach is lovely and the hotel is the best in Bermuda. The rooms are great and its a really high class hotel. So in terms of beaches, Elbow beach is probably your best bet. In terms of quiet, I would suggest Pompano. Its very secluded and private. Not a lot of in and out traffic. However, Fairmont is a great hotel but it does have a lot of traffic from locals and tourists. That mainly being because it has a lovely spa (which can be very expensive) and shops which locals tend to stop to becuase it is outside of the hustle and bustle of the city.

So, my reccomendation would probably be Elbow Beach because it has a great beach and its location is ideal (right across from a bus stop) and the rating of the hotel is top notch.

Hope that helps!!
-SA