COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

Sibonné Beach Hotel -T&C

Old Feb 27th, 2004, 03:38 PM
Original Poster

Sibonné Beach Hotel -T&C

Anyone know anything about this property??
I'm thinking of surprising my son and his wife with a few days away. My budgets a bit tight, but this place looks like it would be fun. They are in their mid 20's and would just like some time alone on the beach.

Any thoughts????
Old Mar 1st, 2004, 05:34 AM
cdt

As far as I know it's the least expensive beachfront accommodation on Grace Bay. Smaller and older than the competition, but I think it would be fine for someone not expecting a 4-star hotel. Restaurant and bar are very good.

Old Mar 1st, 2004, 12:14 PM
JMM

Several years ago I stayed there when it was still called Le Deck. It is a small initmate property. The gardens are quite nice. It is on one of the nicest, totally uncrowded stetches of beach. I cannot comment much on the rooms because I gather they have been upgraded since I stayed there. Then they were OK then but nothing fancy. The restaurant is good. The staff were friendly. The pool is VERY small - just to cool off in. But we are beach people and the superlative beach was all we needed. If they do not mind the small pool it is a pleasant, uncrowded place to relax at.
Old Mar 1st, 2004, 03:13 PM

we recently returned from Provo and stayed at the Sands. We walked down to The Sibonne and thought it was very nice. It's small,but very pretty and close to the water.The Bay Bistro which is located there is a great place to eat and you are only minutes away from the Coral Gardens where you can walk right out into the water and snorkle.
Old Mar 1st, 2004, 06:17 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for your input.. it sounds like a good match.
Old Mar 4th, 2004, 04:38 PM

I am going there in a couple of weeks. We stayed there 4 years ago when it was Ledeck. Nothing fancy but comfortable. Since has been redone so I think it will be fine. The beach there is perfect! Close to other places. A neat little restuarant and bar. If you don't need the 4 seasons I think this place is a steal.