Which of these condos for best snorkeling?

Old Mar 1st, 2004, 04:39 AM
arc
Original Poster

Which of these condos for best snorkeling?

We are taking our 3 teenagers to Grand Cayman in June and want to stay in a 3-bedroom condo on 7 mile beach. It's important to us that we stay where we can have a good beach and good walk-in snorkeling. Given that criteria, which is best: Coralstone, Lacovia, Casa Caribe, or Avalon? These look like the nicest. Thank you so much!
Old Mar 1st, 2004, 05:10 AM

Of all these properties, I would think Avalon would have the best snorkeling. The further north you go on seven mile beach, the better the snorkeling. (just my opinion)
Old Mar 1st, 2004, 06:30 AM

Go to www.caymanvacations.com and it will give you the snorkling rating for each condo.
Old Mar 1st, 2004, 07:01 AM

Arc, did you check out Plantana or Villas of Galleon? These 2 are in a prime area of 7 mile beach and right next door is the Wesin Hotel, where the kids can rent waverunners, kayaks, etc.
Old Mar 4th, 2004, 11:49 AM

Casa Caribe, Avalon, Coralstone, Plantana and Villas of the Galleon are all within 1/4 mile of each other and all on the very same stretch of 7 mile beach which is beautiful. I have stayed at Villas of the Galleon (not in the same more deluxe category as Avalon, Coralstone and Casa Caribe but is a good value) and Casa Caribe. I would recommend any of them. We spent Christmas with two teens in Grand Cayman and loved Casa Caribe - the manager's name is Ernie Williams and he is the NICEST most helpful man. If you're looking for a three bedroom condo, they are spacious and very nice - most are oceanfront with great views and screened porches. The beach is huge and empty with trees everywhere. You will love it!
Old Mar 4th, 2004, 06:37 PM

We stayed at Lacovia in early February. This stretch of beach was absolutely perfect and in our opinion better than any other we saw while walking up an down. Our kids (12 and 15) had a terrific time snorkeling off the beach. They seemed to enjoy that more than Stingray City since they had it essentially to themselves.