Hotels at Rome Airport

Search

Hotels at Rome Airport

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3rd, 2006, 12:33 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotels at Rome Airport

Hi- I need to stay at a hotel near the Rome airport for one night in March and am having a hard time finding one. The only hotel I've seen so far is the Hilton which is over $200 a night and I don't want to spend that much. Anyone know of a hotel that is less than $200 a night and possibly has a shuttle to and from?
Old Feb 3rd, 2006, 12:51 AM

The Rome Hilton is the closest and most convenient as it is literally connected to the airport (you walk through an overhead tunnel to connect with the terminals). Hotels in Europe tend to be expensive and $200 a night is the going rate (I was there in late March of this last year and paid in that range). Perhaps you can look directly on the Hilton international website to see if there are any internet specials for their Rome airport location that might not be offered otherwise? Or perhaps call/fax the hotel directly to see if cancellations and a lower rate available? You really can't beat the location and there is no need to take a shuttle back and forth, so you are saving time and money in that respect.
Old Feb 3rd, 2006, 01:01 AM

There is a nice newish Courtyard in the little seaside town of Fiumicino, where the airport is located. They have a shuttle bus to the airport, takes about 10 minutes or less. Their website is showing prices between 124-320 Euros, hopefully the lower end of the rate scale works for you The little town has some good seafood restaurants and the restaurant at the Courtyard itself is very good, they also have a pool (not much use in Marhc though). Go to Marriott.com.
Old Feb 3rd, 2006, 01:10 AM

Sorry I should say that the Courtyard airport shuttle is free.
Old Feb 3rd, 2006, 01:20 AM

I guess I should add that I belive the shuttle goes down into central Rome as well, so you could use it to get to the hotel (i.e., you don't have to take a taxi all the way out to Fiumicino), or you could take the train to the airport and get to the hotel via the airport shuttle. I believe the Hilton shuttle may also go into central Rome as well.
Old Feb 3rd, 2006, 11:14 PM

Yes, the Hilton shuttle does go into Rome's city centre. I opted not to take it into town the night before as I decided to stay close so wouldn't be late for the early flight out the next day. Personally, I felt much more at ease staying right AT the airport at the Hilton, vs in Rome (as I usually do) because didn't have to deal with the Leonardo Express train, taxi, or anything to get me out to FCO for my morning flight. There is always the chance that the other hotel shuttles offered don't operate schedules leaving early, early in the morning, so one might still be stuck if "near" the airport, but not at it. I guess it's all a matter of convenience and preference. If the Courtyard/Marriott property works out, has timely shuttle busses and is less money, than that might be a good bet!
Old Feb 3rd, 2006, 11:48 PM

I had the same situation over Thanksgiving weekend. We stayed on Palatine and simply arranged for a driver at 5:00 a.m. for a 7:00 a.m. flight. No problem. It was cheaper in the long run, and we didn't have to "move" the last night. Your hotel can get you a driver, no problem.
Old Feb 4th, 2006, 07:45 AM

I just stayed at the Holiday Inn Medici by the Rome airport and it was very inexpensive -115 euros with a fabulous breakfast buffet! They have a free shuttle from the airport to the hotel and also from the hotel into the city. The ride from the airport to the hotel is about 15-20 minutes depending on traffic. I usually go to Rome every week for work and stay in the city but was impressed with the Holiday Inn.Check out Rome airport hotels in the specialized fodors box for more info.