Hotel shuttle to Rome airport?

Jun 3rd, 2008, 04:21 AM
Original Poster

Hotel shuttle to Rome airport?

Is there a hotel near to the Rome airport that has a shuttle to the hotel? I will be dropping off my rental car in the evening at the airport on June 24 and my flight leaves at 9:35a.m. the next morning for Zurich. I hoped to find somewhere (not expensive)with a shuttle.
Jun 3rd, 2008, 05:18 AM

You should consider staying in the city center since most hotels will arrange a shuttle or taxi to the airport in plenty of time. We've had several 7am flights that we made with no problem from the city center. Just a thought.
Jun 3rd, 2008, 05:25 AM

This one is very convenient.
http://www.worldexecutive.com/direct...els/romdm.html
Jun 3rd, 2008, 05:23 PM

The perfect hotel is the Rome Airport Hilton. It is connected to the airport. They also have a convenient shuttle to downtown Rome near the Coloseum that runs regularly, in case you want one more gelato! This we think is such a bonus. We have stayed here twice and would highly recommend.
Jun 3rd, 2008, 07:20 PM
Original Poster

I am dropping the rental car off in the evening and do not want to then pay for a shuttle into the city center and pay again to take it back a few hours later.
Jun 3rd, 2008, 10:42 PM

I think the shuttle may be free? Double-check that.
Jun 4th, 2008, 04:00 AM

Yes, the shuttle that the Rome airport Hilton offers its guests is free, Free. Of course you don't have to use the shuttle its just if you want to visit downtown Rome one more time B4 you leave. You can go to their web site and see for yourself. You can even email them and they will respond to your inquiry. They also have a very good restaurant. Its so convenient for an early departure. You actually walk from the hotel thru a covered/enclosed walkway into the airport terminal (SO NO SHUTTLE IS NECESS FOR THE HOTEL TO TERMINAL, AS YOU ARE AT THE AIRPORT). It makes leaving Rome a little easier.
Jun 4th, 2008, 06:33 AM

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn-It is very close to the airport and is a lot cheapeer that the other Hilton. It is a year old and really nice-very comfortable.
Jun 4th, 2008, 06:04 PM

We also stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn. We had read horror stories on TripAdvisor about shuttle buses not picking up guests at the airport for the 5-minute ride to the hotel (it's located in a remote part of the airport). We followed someone's advice to walk over to the Hilton Hotel (which is located in the airport and is accessible by foot if arriving by train) and request a shuttle to the Hilton Garden Inn. We waited no more than 5 minutes for a shuttle to appear. After a long day of traveling by train from Vernazza in the Cinque Terre, we were relieved that getting to the hotel was that simple.