Rome hotel near airport

Old Sep 11th, 2002, 01:56 PM
Traveler

Rome hotel near airport

Can anyone recommend a nice inexpensive hotel very near to the airport to stay my last night in Rome since I have an 8 AM flight the next morning?? Thanks much!

Old Sep 11th, 2002, 02:09 PM
di

We just stayed at the hilton rome airport 4 nights ago. It was very nice (surprisingly good food, as well) and is the only hotel actually connected to the airport, so you just walk to the terminal. It wasn't particularly cheap ($220) but you might be able to find a better rate. It was convenient and perfect for us.

Old Sep 16th, 2002, 06:47 AM
Traveler

The Sheraton would be a last resort, due to the cost. Does anyone else have a recommendation, please?

Old Sep 16th, 2002, 07:58 AM
Jim

Traveler, <BR>We,ve stayed at the Mach2 hotel near the airport and were happy with it. It's within a mile or so from the airport and there is shuttle service if not too early in the a.m. About $105/night double<BR>http://www.hotelmach2.it/

Old Sep 16th, 2002, 08:39 AM
sue

Hi,<BR><BR>We stayed at the Hotel Roma. they have a shuttle bus that takes you to the airport whenever you need. The web site is www.hotel-roma.it It was a nice place and not expensive.

Old Sep 18th, 2002, 02:17 AM
beth

My advice would be not to stay out at the airport and waste your last night in Rome. Stay in the heart of the city (Navonna, Campo dei fiori etc) and enjoy your last night strolling around) Every hotel can arrange a driver to pick you up around 6 am and take you to the airport,,,and the early rising is worth it. There is nothing out in the airport area...Don't waste your last night...!

Old Sep 18th, 2002, 09:47 AM
Traveler

Thanks for the suggestions. I have a reservation at Mach2.<BR><BR>Beth - would never think of wasting a night in Rome!! You know what they say - early to bed....