Question for Howard

Old Oct 8th, 2002, 07:38 AM
md

Question for Howard

Hi Howard! I have seen your many posts on Provo & Anguilla. All have been very helpful in planning our upcoming trip. We are going to Provo in November and can't wait! After much research, we are staying at OCW because we received such an incredible deal. Since we are saving so much on this trip, we have decided to go to Anguilla in the spring. Was planning to stay at Cap, but saw that you prefer Frangipani. Just wondering your reasons, so we could make a decision?? THANKS SO MUCH, I truly enjoy your posts and the great info provide!

Old Oct 8th, 2002, 07:53 AM
Howard

If you love Provo you'll love Anguilla. We have stayed at Frangipani 12 times and going again in Nov. It is a condo type resort. Small only 8 units and quiet, relaxing and romantic. Great restaurants on Anguilla. I have some Provo restaurant recommendations on another web site which I would be happy to give you if you e-mail me. Can also give you some good Anguilla web sites and direct you to my review of Frangipani. We have stayed at Ocean Club and seen Ocean Club West which is very nice. You will probably want to rent a car to explore, go to the store and out to dinner. Feel free to Email me with questions and I'll give you the web sites

Old Oct 8th, 2002, 08:12 AM
md

Thanks for the quick reply. I have read through your Provo restaurant reviews, they are printed and already in the carry-on! I will send you an e-mail to get more info an Anguilla. THANKS SO MUCH!

Old Oct 8th, 2002, 12:13 PM
Howard

Add Magnolia Wine Bar and Restaurant to the dining list. It is at Mirimar Hotel in Turtle Cove. Opened in March. Owned by Gianni and Tracy who previously owned Coyaba at Coral Gardens. They have wine tastings and various wine promotions. Call for info. Also have a full bar. Great place to watch the sunset and for a nighttime view of Turtle Cove and Blue Hills. Food is excellent. If you're in to Tuna try the pepper crusted tuna. Best I ever had

Old Oct 8th, 2002, 01:06 PM
Jill

Sorry to intrude on this post, but I too have seen many of Howard's posts and he seems to be a real expert. I too am trying to plan a trip for next Spring (high season of course, arrgh) and I am trying to find the best resource that can get me the best deal. Can either of you suggest a great resource with the best deals?

Old Oct 9th, 2002, 12:57 PM
Howard

Don't even come close to being an expert but am pretty familiar with Provo and Anguilla. Your question is pretty general. Are you looking at these two islands or the Caribbean in general.?? I think to get some good advice we need to know what you are looking for besides a good deal. What kind of budget are you working with, do you want an AI, hotel, condo resort etc. What kind of activities are you interested in. Looking for night life, shopping, rest and relaxation, tranquility etc. All islands are very different and there isn't one that offers everything and is the perfect island any more than there is one place to get super deals. Would be happy to try and help if you can provide a litle more info. Actually if there is a way you can go after 15 April when resorts go to off season rates you will get better deals.

Old Nov 11th, 2002, 06:01 AM
Jill

Hi Howard,

Hopefully you will check back with this reply, it's been awhile since I've been able to respond. We are kind of looking at the Caribbean in general. We are looking for relaxation where we can sit on the beach all day. We are also looking for places around to shop and that has some nightlife. My budget is moderate at this point, nothing over $3000 for two. All Inclusives sound nice just because most things are included in your cost. I would love to stay somewhere that offered me a kitchen, but I don't know if I can afford a condo on this trip.

Old Nov 11th, 2002, 07:43 AM
Howard

Assume the $3,000 includes air fare. On Anguilla I would check out Carimar. Units have kitchens-No Pool or restauraant on site but you'll probably want a rental car and there are plenty of inexpensive restaurants. For Anguilla lodging by price check out http:news.ai/daily.php3. Click on Hotels. For Provo I would probably look at Sibonne or the Sands. Sibonne has one suite with a kitchen over the old dive shop. Sands is all condos. For good Provo info go to www.wherewhenhow.com the on line magazine of the Turks and Caicos. Also www.adamsnames.tc is very good. Click on Turks and Caicos and links for links to all kinds of web sites and info. Probably be easier if you e-mailed me direct with questions rather than use this board and I can provide more detailed answers. Start with what I gave you and keep the questions coming. Air Fare to Provo is probably less expensive than Anguilla.

Old Nov 14th, 2002, 06:41 AM
carol

Hi Howard:

I recently read a review regarding Frangipani that it could use a facelift. I thought I read that it was recently renovated, but I maybe confused without another resort. I've just started researching Anguilla for my next vacation. I have to say that the majority of the reviews rave about this resort. Any opinion on this! Thanks.

Old Nov 14th, 2002, 08:35 AM
Howard

We really like Frangipani. Leaving 22 Nov for 10 days and our 13th stay at Frangipani. It never appeared run down. Some people are overly critical and will always find something wrong. One person complained that they didn't have soft drink machines. Have recommended Frang to lots of people and never gotten anything but raves. If you go to www.debbiescaribbeanresortreviews.com and click on Anguilla and reviews I have a detailed review on that site. Also on the COL Anguilla site there is a trip report from Val who recently stayed at Frangipani. Very nice Accomodations, pool , restaurant, beach and tennis courts. Feel free to E-mail me with further questions. I will post a trip report on COL when we return in eaarly Dec

Old Nov 14th, 2002, 10:11 AM
lori

Hi Howard. I am headed to Provo for a long weekend - Mid December. Someone said it will be too cold to swim. Is that true? Thanks

Lori

Old Nov 14th, 2002, 12:39 PM
Howard

Water temperature should be around mid 70's so shouldn't be a problem swimming. May be a little cool getting in at first but your body temp will adjust. When you get to Provo you'll wish it were more than a long weekend. Have a great time