Search

Restaurants

Search this Thread

Old May 11th, 2005, 04:09 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Restaurants

For those that have recently been to TCI; has anyone ate at the new restaurant Parallel 23 at The Palms? How was it? The resort looks awesome (wish I knew about it prior to booking).

Also how is Simba, Magnolia, Grace's Cottage? These 3 restaurnats we missed during our last visit.

We are defintly going to Anancona (may even go twice...)

Bascially we are trying to find some new dinner spots that we missed out on.

Thanks for your help, Erica
Old May 11th, 2005, 05:44 PM

We leave Sat for our 18 trip to Anguilla. Not sure Parellel 23 is on our list this time. Bug bucks. Have eaten at Simba a couple of years ago. Great presentation of okay food Heard the restaurant closed down for a while (suspect no Busines) but has reopened and has been getting good reviews. Ate at Graces Cottage and did not have a very good dining experience but to be fair they just opened. Only two other couples there. Not on Point Grace property but out side the gate. Magnolia is excellent. Great view. The owners Tracy and Gianni were part owners of Coyaba before they opened Magnolia. That would be my choice
Old May 11th, 2005, 06:39 PM

We were in Provo 2-3 weeks ago and ate there on a Monday night after our Managers cocktail party. We did enjoy the atmosphere, even though we were seated indoor(I like out/beachfront). Portions are smallish, very tasty and presented well. Had 1 wine, 1 tea, salads, dinner and one desert to go. It was $117 with tip. Had we been very hungry and more drinks I can see how you could run a higher tab. I did enjoy the evening.
At Anacaona, the sefood ravioli is really very interesting and yummy. We did all the other dinners here, as we were staying there and used room service and the restaurant. The menu is the same with each night, but offering an off menu selection for a little variety. If they have scallops, they were delish You won't be disappointed, I don't believe!Have yourself a great trip-Carol
Old May 12th, 2005, 07:32 AM

Howard-Are you off to Anguilla, or Provo?
Old May 12th, 2005, 08:31 AM

OOPS--Another senior moment or wishful thinking. Off to PROVO Sat. Anguilla is 31 July-8 Aug
Old May 13th, 2005, 04:50 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for your responses. I think we will be fine with our selections, I am almost thinking you really can not go too wrong.

Howard, I will let it slide...you travel to the 2 of them so often, you must have to often stop and think where the heck am I off to now? ;-)

Leaving in 8 days and counting!