Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

What are the 3 best upscale dining choices in Anguilla?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23rd, 2004, 01:30 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also, what are the 3 best lunch choices as well. Thanks!
Old Feb 23rd, 2004, 01:48 PM
Sunnyboy

You'll probably get dozens of responses. The trouble is there are so many good restaurants on Anguilla it's hard to pick out just 3. For what it is worth try these: For Dinner these are my favorites -Altamer, Trattoria and Olivers but there's also Overlook, Straw Hat and Zara's to consider. For lunch try Tasty's (now also open for dinner), George's and Johnno's. So little time - So many places you only recorse is to stay longer of make a second trip.

Old Feb 23rd, 2004, 03:01 PM

Upscale as in Fancy?? I use the term loosly on Anguilla but my choices would be Altemar (not impressed when we ate there last year) Pimms at CJ and Santorini at CA resort.
For lunch my favorite spots would be Smokys, Scilly Cay, and Gwens on Shoal Bay---it doesn't get any better than those spots for lunch---all on the beach, you can eat in a wet suit.
Old Feb 23rd, 2004, 04:03 PM

The problem with Anguilla is that it has wonderful dining spots. My top three are Mangos, Covecastles, Trattoria
Tramonto for dinner. I also love Trattoria for lunch, Georges, CuisinArt,
Scilly Cay, Cedar Grove, and Altamer. I wasn't impressed with Altamer for dinner last November, although many feel its a top spot. I just never get over to Shaol Bay, but everyone loves Gwens! Too many choices!
Old Feb 23rd, 2004, 05:16 PM

Dinner:
Pimms at Cap Juluca-best atmosphere if you can get a waterside table
Oliver's-favorite combo of food and atmosphere
Trattoria Tramonto-best Italian on the island, nice views and atmosphere
Mangoes-nice variety of menu choices

Lunch-Hydroponic Cafe at CuisinArt for outdoor seating and pool views
Tasty's-surprisingly good food at low price; don't be fooled by the plain looking location and exterior.
Old Mar 18th, 2004, 03:22 PM

Try Mango's, Oliver's, Zara's (not fancy but excellent). Breakfast at Tasty's. Overlook also very good with nice view. Skip Cap Juluca for food.
Old Mar 19th, 2004, 07:15 AM

I would choose Cove Castles, Altamer and Trattoria Tratmonto (try the lobster ravioli--Sinful). Mangos is also very nice and they have entertainment on Monday evening. Bistro Phils and L'Indigo are also good choices. If you don't pick Trattoria for dinner they have lounges and umbrellas you can use if you eat lunch there. L'indigo is also nice for lunch as is the terrace at Frangipani. Both are on Meads Bay. Recommend Le Bar and Gwens for lunch at Shoal Bay East. Gwens has live music on Sunday. Scilly Cay is fun for lunch on Sunday. The Happy Hits play in the afternoon. The combo Crayfish/lobster platter (about $60) is great and enough for two to share for lunch. Killer rum punches. Too many restaurants so little time
Old Mar 20th, 2004, 05:01 AM

OOps forgot Blanchards. Had a wonderful meal there a month ago. If Bob and Melinda are on the island I would make this one of my top three. Would probably drop Altamer. Such a hard decision