Restaurants in Turks and Caicos

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26th, 2007, 05:58 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband and I are likely going to be traveling to the Turks and Caicos, but we're big foodies... what are the best restaurants in the area? I think we'll be in the Grace Bay area.
Thank you!
Old Jan 27th, 2007, 03:46 AM

anacona, coyaba, grace's cottage, miramar for fine dining.
hemmingways, sharkbite, tiki hut for lunch.
aqua bar is my all around favorite.
i liked the italian at bella luna.
this is one of the most often discussed topics on here. if you type in restaurants in the search bar (with turks and caicos highlighted) you should find dozens of threads.
Old Jan 27th, 2007, 05:51 AM

Mirimar is actually Magnolia Wine Bar and Restaurant at the Mirimar resort in Turtle Cove.. It is excellent with great view at night. Coyaba is our all time favorite. Anacona is probably the most romantic. Live music in Wed Fri and Sat. Bay Bistro at Sibonne is excellent. Also like Aqua in Turtle Cove. If you have a car go to Da Conch Shack in Blue Hills for lunch. Great cracked conch.
Old Jan 27th, 2007, 06:12 AM

Graces Cottage was our best dining experience on Grace Bay. Have fun.
Old Jan 27th, 2007, 11:22 AM

Don't forget Simba at the Turks & Caicos Club; O'Soleil at the Somerset. Both great!
Old Jan 27th, 2007, 03:00 PM

<b>We loved <font color="blue">Anacoana's <font color="black">for fine dining and the <font color="blue">Tiki Hut <font color="black">for casual... we ate there quite a few times during our stay. LOVED chicken &amp; Rib night on Wednesdays!</font></font></font></font></b>
Old Jan 28th, 2007, 07:11 AM

Had our best dinner at Coco Bistro (near the Grace Bay Club). Had great dinners at Grace's Cottage (at the Point Grace hotel), and Anacaona (at the Grace Bay Club).
Old Jan 28th, 2007, 07:33 AM

I liked Bay Bistro (Sibonne hotel next to Sand's), Grace's Cottage (Point Grace next to Sand's), and Tiki Hut.
Old Jan 28th, 2007, 11:04 AM

We really liked Coco Bistro for a nice evening out.

Shark Bites was a fun place to eat too.

Another favorite was Bacci.

I can't remember the name of the place but there is a place in the Salt Mills Plaza that serves a dandy breakfast at an affordable price. (good spot to stop for a smoothie too).

I have a trip report here http://www.caribbean-on-line.com/tra...opic.php?t=831
(sorry I don't know how to do links on this site...can we?) that tells more of the places we ate, has some photos, etc.

Lots of good places to eat. Lots of beautiful beaches to play on, and lots to see under the water (and oh is that water beautiful).

You are going to have a great trip.
Old Jan 28th, 2007, 11:49 AM

<b>I think the dandy breakfast in the Salt Mills Plaza is at the Salt Mills Cafe... we ate there almost every day for breakfast. Another great place for breakfast was the Fairways at the golf course. They had great food... we wanted to try them for dinner because the menu looked terrific - but there wasn't enough time!! Sooo many places to eat! I will definetly get to the ones I missed this year!!</b>
Old Jan 28th, 2007, 11:55 AM

The restaurant at the Coral Gardens is very plush and serves excellent food. Not the beach restaurant, but the one by the entrance parking lot. Great ambience, too. Robert59
Old Jan 29th, 2007, 05:28 AM

Coyaba the restaurant Robert is refering to is no longer at Coral Gardens. It is now located in the Caribbean Paradise Inn, Grace Bay Club area. In my opinion the best restaurant on Provo. Magnolia is second.
Old Jan 29th, 2007, 11:54 AM

Just back from Provo.

Had three good meals--- two at Bay Bistro and one at Magnolia.

Service at Bay Bistro was not great at all, but the Lobster special I had was fantastic. We stayed at the Sibonne so we also ate a few lunches here. If you're in the area stop in for a burger or their shrimp salad.

Magnolia--- overall a good meal. Would have probably have been better had we eaten at sunset (I know, sounds obvious) to really take in the view.

One bad meal--- Hemingways
This was just an all-around disappointment.

And two surprisingly great meals:

Grouper Sandwich at Sharkbite

Snapper and Conch Salad at Da Conch Shack in Blue Hills.
Old Mar 5th, 2007, 05:22 PM

I know alot of people are coming back from Turks and Caicos; we are heading down in a couple of weeks and wondered if anyone had additional thoughts to add (or places that weren't worth the trip).

Thanks,

Mary
Old Mar 6th, 2007, 01:27 PM

We had a terrible dining experience at Baci last month.....from the greeting and being seated, to the service, the food, wine selection and everything in between. I posted on tripadvisor and had 4 people jump in and say the same thing.....do not bother with so many other great restaurants.
We did love Mango Reef at RWI though. Thankfully that's where we were staying.
Old Mar 6th, 2007, 02:15 PM

Tobie--sorry to hear about your bad experience, but thanks for your other recommendation.

Mary
Old Mar 6th, 2007, 04:15 PM

Just got back and can second Sharkbites and Tikihut for lunch and had a great dinner at Magnolia's. Heard a lot of bad things (particularly about service) regarding Bacci's (Italian cuisine). As Virginia mentioned, if you want Italian, heard a lot of good things about Bella Luna (although we didn't get to try personally). We did not have a bad meal the entire time we were there.
Old Mar 6th, 2007, 05:05 PM

Sharkbites and Tiki Hut look good for us since we'll have a 7-year old with us so glad to hear they are good.

thanks!

Mary
Old Mar 7th, 2007, 04:35 AM

We had people from our resort with 3 boys---10-5 yrs---go to Sharkbites and they had a great time. The boys couldn't stop talking about the hammerhead shark that swam by. Fun!
Old Mar 7th, 2007, 11:38 AM

If you go to Sharkbite it is very casual. More like a bar. Sit out side on the deck and view the water and marina. The almond crusted grouper in a coconut rum curry sauce is very good. I always have that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -