Redirected! Where to go?

Nov 3rd, 2004, 07:02 AM
Original Poster

Redirected! Where to go?

I am part of a group of 3 couples who were planning to vacation in GC (hurricane) at the end of April 2005. Our plans have now changed but we are not sure where to go. We were planning on staying in 2 condos (1 w 2 rooms 1 w/ 1) but now are not sure. We would like something comparable to GC. Not looking for anything too touristy. More relaxed and laid back but with some attractions. Also please comment on AI. One of us has done that, one isn't interested in that and one can go either way.Looking at T&C, Anquilla, or maybe Antigua. How do they compare with GC? Thanks for your help!
Nov 3rd, 2004, 08:13 AM

Have been to Provo T&C and Anguilla numerous times. Haven't been to Antigua yet but doing there and Barbuda in Feb. Both Provo and Anguilla are very laid back and not touristy--no cruise ships. Both have awesome beaches and great restaurants. Provo is a little more developed than Anguilla. No AI's on Anguilla--Beaches and Club Med on Provo but really don't recommend either. Check out Coral Gardens on Provo--www.coralgardens.com. You can get a luxury 2 bedroom suite either 4206 or 4306 and a one bedroom 4205 or 4305 which are right next to each other. All suites have beach/ocean views. Reef right off the beach for snorkeling. You might also look at Sands and Ocean Club West which are very nice. Most resorts on Provo are condo type. Good source on info on Provo is www.wherewhenhow.com the online magazine of the Turks and Caicos.

Anguilla--Recommend Frangipani--www.frangipani.ai. Small quiet and intimate. They have two three bedroom suites--3 A-B-C on the first floor and 6 A-B-C on the second. Recommend this one. The Sun Sea and Sand package in off season is really a good deal. On the web site if you click on condo sales and plans you can see layouts of the suites. For good info on Anguilla visit www.festival.ai--click on the screen saver on the right to see a great beaches screen saver. This site will also take you to www.mycaribbean.com. www.news.ai is also a good source for lodging and restaurant info. Hope this helps.
Nov 5th, 2004, 01:52 PM

Undecided,
I agree with Howard on Provo and Anguilla. I have also been to Antigua, its ok...its got nice beaches and some interesting sites to visit but for some reason nothing about it really jumped out at me for a return trip. One of those glad I went but probably won't return places. For AI, the only problem I have found with that is feeling restricted to where I can eat...after a few days you want to explore the local places and might become a little frustrated. You've got a group of 6 so would be even more fun getting out and exploring other restaurants. Cant say its cheaper that way but definitely more interesting. Have a great trip.
Nov 5th, 2004, 03:33 PM

I found Antigua to be like Jamaica. Anguilla is beautiful. Another favorite is St. John and Tortola. Been to both numerous times. Going to try TCI this year. St. John and Tortola very laid back.
Nov 5th, 2004, 03:37 PM

Macrodome,
Curious, how did you find Antigua like Jamaica? To me they are both total opposites.
Nov 6th, 2004, 04:57 AM

HowardC, where have you decided to stay on Antigua? From an earlier post I read, is it safe to assume you're staying at the new Beach House on Barbuda? Can't wait to hear about it, as it looks beautiful.
Nov 6th, 2004, 05:07 AM

We will be at the Beach House on Barbuda for six nights and then 3 nights on Antigua. Haven't decided where we will stay yet. Trip still a ways off but will post a trip report when we get back in Mid Feb
Nov 8th, 2004, 03:44 AM

To undecided,
We were unable to go to GC Oct28-Nov6, and we picked T&C as an alternative. Great choice!! We were very happy with the island and will definetely go back. If you decide on T&C, don't go AI, too many great restaurants. Also, there are many places to stay that would fit what your looking for. We stayed at RWI and loved it.
Sandy