Search

T7C/Anguilla

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2nd, 2002, 08:36 AM
Ken

T7C/Anguilla

For those of you who have been to both places,would you tell me how they differ. I know they both have marvelous beaches and are both very quiet and laid back. Is there more to do in Anguilla? Is that maybe the difference? Thanks. We've pretty much narrowed it down to one or the other for our first Caribbean vacation in March.

Old Nov 2nd, 2002, 09:32 AM
Nancy

Hi Ken,<BR>I have been to both and they are extremely similar.<BR>Both have great beaches, friendly people and a funky, laid back vibe.<BR>Both also have great luxury resorts to chose from.<BR>I preferred the excellent diving and snorkeling on Provo.<BR>Both places have a lot of great restaurants and the local places are fun to go to for music/partying.<BR>I liked being able to go over to St. Maarten/Martin for the day from Anguilla.<BR>I loved them both and will be going back to both.<BR>If you're a diver, I'd suggest TCI, if not, Anguilla seemed to have a bit of an edge on nightlife.<BR>Whichever you choose, you'll be happy!<BR>

Old Nov 2nd, 2002, 09:49 AM
fyi

In March Anguilla will be warmer since its Caribbean with warmer water. Anguilla gets the nod for dining - no comparison with the number and quality of dining. Two high end resorts to choose from on Anguilla but the resorts/condos are not all grouped on one beach but spread out on the many marvelous beaches island wide. Not more to do but proximity to St. Barths and St. Martin does give one options from Anguilla.

Old Nov 2nd, 2002, 01:08 PM
Howard

I agree with Nancy's comparison. We have been to each over a dozen times and they are very similar. Both coral islands so not lush tropical vegitation but great beaches. Provo has a club Med and 2 AI's. None of Anguilla. Most of the resorts on Provo are condo type with kitchens. Better diving /snorkeling on Provo. Excellent restaurants on both. Provo a little more developed. Easier and quicker to get to. If you go to www.caribbean-on-line.com and the Turks and Caicos forum there is a comparison of the two in a Sept 12 thread along with some trip reports.Your best bet is to try one one year and the other the next

Old Nov 3rd, 2002, 07:34 AM
Susan

My husband and I have been to both. We went to Turks and Caicos when the only two places to stay were either the Club Med or what was then the Ramada, which is now a Sandals or Beaches or one of the other mega-resorts. Anyway, I thought Turks and Caicos was stunning but have shyed away from returning since it seems to have been built up. If I return, it will be to Middle or South Caicos. The thing I like about Anguilla is while it has upscale resorts, they are not as concentrated as I have heard they now are on T&amp;C. Both are great choices, but I prefer Anguilla. There is more to do on T&amp;C because it is more developed, but the beaches on both are stunning. Have a fantastic trip!!

Old Nov 3rd, 2002, 08:07 AM
traveler

agree with above post about the weather. March may just be a bit too early for warm weather in the TCI. Provo has several nice hotels but nothing along the lines of Anguilla's high end ones other than Grace Bay Club but there are wonderful pristine spots on some of the other cays and islands, Meridian Club, Windmills, Parrot Cay but they are all self-inclusive. The Ramada became Allegro. The major similiarity is the scrubby undeveloped island and the beaches (Grace Bay beach is stunning) but Anguilla offers so many more. Anguilla still offers more like a retreat environment with Provo becoming such a popular spot with all the resorts on one beach.

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 08:24 AM
Howard

Ken--tried to e-mail you some info on Provo and Anguilla web sites that might be helpful and of use but with the address you posted it went to someone else. If you e-mail me I will try again