- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Santa Clara Pueblo
Santa Clara Pueblo Review
Santa Clara Pueblo, southwest of Española, is the home of a historic treasure—the awesome Puyé Cliff Dwellings, believed to have been built in the 13th to 14th centuries. They can be seen by driving 9 mi up a gravel road through a canyon, south of the village off NM 502. You can tour the cliff dwellings, topped by the ruins of a 740-room pueblo, on your own or with a guide—several special tours are available for additional fees. Pay your entrance fees and arrange for tours at the Puyé Cliffs Welcome Center, at the Valero gas station on the corner of NM 30 and Puyé Cliffs Road.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Santa Fe Savings! Book at Fairfield Inn Santa Fe Fr $127+/Nt Expedia
- Comfort Suites in May: $110 & Up Expedia
- $29.57 & up : Full Size rentals in Santa Fe Hotwire
- Small budget: Stay in Santa Fe this May Fr $113+/Nt — $113 Expedia
- $24.99 & up : Midsize rentals in Santa Fe — $25 Hotwire
We are almost a wk in to our 30th home exchange, this time Santa Fe, New Mexico.
It's a trip that was planned about six months ago, with the written agreement, we would each drive to our home exchangers' Read more
4 days in a row both computers offered to guests would not function properly.
Hotel under renovation, but was not told this when I made the reservation. Was told during check-in. Daily use of jackhammers, Read more
· News & Features
Whether you come for the art, the chiles, or the architecture, you'll definitely stay for the wine.... Read more
As you twitch in anticipation of the final installment of Breaking Bad, take a trip through the turbule... Read more
The Four Seasons will take over at Santa Fe's Encantado Resort.... Read more