- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Santa Fe, Taos & Albuquerque
Garrett's Desert Inn
At a Glance
- super location
- nice pool and patio
- excellent restaurant
- $8 per night parking fee
- not much curb appeal
Check Rates from our Partners
Garrett's Desert Inn Review
This sprawling, U-shaped motel may surround a parking lot and offer relatively little in the way of ambience, but it's fairly well maintained and you'll be hard-pressed to find more affordable accommodations just a few blocks from the Plaza, smack in the middle of historic Barrio de Analco. The clean, no-frills rooms are done in earthy tones with a smattering of Southwest touches, and the burger joint Santa Fe Bite is terrific.
- Address: 311 Old Santa Fe Trail, Old Santa Fe Trail and South Capitol, Santa Fe, NM 87501 | Map It
- Phone: 505/982–1851; 800/888–2145
- Website: www.garrettsdesertinn.com
- Location: Old Santa Fe Trail and South Capitol
- 83 rooms.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My DW dropped me off at the Amtrak station a little after 8PM in CMO on 2/5. Read more
Day 1 - 28th Oct.(15 miles) Our weather reports had told us that overnight and morning would be the worst storms in the UK for 25 yrs. Got to be true as they had been forecasting it for days and days before. Read more
We are planning a weekend gathering of relatives in Albuquerque in May. Read more
· News & Features
Loaded with fun, kitschy tradition from aliens to Americana, as well the more mystic legends of healing ... Read more
From historic holistic practices and "energy vortexes" to art galleries and fantastic cuisine, there are... Read more
Whether you come for the art, the chiles, or the architecture, you'll definitely stay for the wine.... Read more