- Mont-St-Michel The spire-top silhouette of this mighty offshore mound, dubbed the Marvel of the Occident, is one of the greatest sights in Europe. Plan to arrive at high tide, when the water races across the endless sands.
- Bayeux Come not just for the splendor of the tapestry telling how William conquered England, but also for untouched medieval buildings and the beefy, bonnet-top cathedral.
- Honfleur From France's prettiest harbor, bobbing with boats and lined with beam-fronted houses, you can head to the ravishing wooden church of Ste-Catherine.
- Rouen Sanctified by the memory of Jeanne d'Arc, hallowed by its towering Gothic cathedral, and graced by a huge Renaissance clock, Rouen is the gateway to Normandy.
- D-Day Beaches Contemplate the dramatic deeds of World War II by visiting Caen’s Mémorial, then touring the beaches from rocky Omaha to pancake-flat Utah.
GREAT AMERICAN VACATION
Take our short photo quiz to reveal your ideal trip in the U.S.More