Search

Washington DC - Hotel with pool recommendations

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8th, 2018, 05:15 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Washington DC - Hotel with pool recommendations

Hi all,

I am doing some thread searching, but have limited time to plan. Help!

Doing a last minute trip to DC Presidents Day weekend. Fri 16, Sat 17 & Sun 18 night.
We have 3 boys - ages 6, 7, 9. They have never been to DC and will love all the sights.
Hopefully going to meet up with cousins 10 & 12 - who live two hours outside DC.

We are hoping for recommendations for a hotel that is kid friendly and has a pool.
We want to do some sightseeing but also want to balance that with fun cousin time, swimming and maybe a movie or something fun.
Its supposed to be 50 degrees, so we are planning on walking the mall, seeing the government buildings, hitting some museums, but keeping it low-key.

I do not know Washington DC well, but I have absolute trust in the people on this forum who have helped me so well in the past.
Where should we stay?
Old Feb 8th, 2018, 06:56 AM

I would recommend an Embassy Suites with an indoor pool.
Old Feb 8th, 2018, 10:58 AM

There aren't a lot of hotels in DC that have indoor pools so you are limiting your options by such a requirement. And some that have them, it isn't some big recreational pool for kids to play around in, it's just a small lap pool for exercise or something like that. If it were summer, at least there are a few with recreational pools outdoors.

okay, several Courtyard by Marriott hotels have them. The JW Marriott and Marriott Metro Center both have good pools and that is an excellent location for sightseeing. I know the HIlton Garden Inn near mcPherson Sq has one, but I don't think it's very big. The Embassy Suites on 22nd St near N St has a pool, that's a good hotel for suites with kids.
Old Feb 8th, 2018, 03:14 PM

I’d second the recommendation of the Embassy Suites. It was crawling with kids both times I stayed there, and it’s in a good location.
Old Feb 8th, 2018, 04:33 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Look at the Marriott Courtyard Convention Center at 9th and F Streets, NW. Convention Center is slightly misleading b/c it's located in Penn Quarter, maybe a 10 minute ish walk to the Natural History Museum on the Mall. It's between two metro stations (Gallery Place & Metro Center). There are a ton of restaurants, some of the city's best (Rasika and Jaleo) and plenty that are super good and family friendly. By seeing a movie, not sure in if you meant in the room or in the theater but there is a multi screen cinema two blocks from the hotel.

Hope it's a great trip!
Old Feb 8th, 2018, 04:56 PM

We stayed at the Grand Hyatt and they had a pool BUT... they were renovating the facility, so call and see if it is open.