D.C. Hilton Brands w/ kids

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 23rd, 2008, 05:59 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have Hilton points to book a Hilton brand hotel in DC and was hoping for advice on which hotel is best for a family with 2 4 year olds. We are visiting in mid September and would like a pool that will be open. I think we have narrowed it down to Doubletree Guest suites on NH Ave NW, Hilton Embassey Row on Mass ave. nw and Homewood suites on Mass ave NW. The Homewood doesn't have a pool but has full kitcken which would be a plus. We would like to take metro around town so locations close to stations would be a plus. Fodorites please help. We will be visiting all major sites over the course of a few days. I have searched for info but most posts are 3 to 5 years old. All iformation would be appreciated. Thank you.
Old May 23rd, 2008, 08:45 PM

The Washington Hilton on Connecticut Avenue has a large outdoor pool and it's not too far from the Dupont Circle metro, although uphill.
Old May 24th, 2008, 04:08 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the reply. The pool looks great unfortunately it appears to be open seasonally and will be closed when we are visiting mid September. Any other first hand experiences with those hotels or Fodorite suggestions? Thank you.
Old May 24th, 2008, 10:26 AM

What about the Garden Inn on Franklin Square? Great location. Indoor pool.
Old May 24th, 2008, 10:32 AM

My family and I stayed at the Doubletree Suites. It is an older property with very few amenities that you would find at a full service hotel, like fitness rooms and restaurants, but it does have a roof top pool. The lobby area is extremely tiny as well.

That said, we found the location convenient and quiet. It was a short walk to the Foggy Bottom Metro station at George Washington University (we went everywhere in DC by metro) and about two blocks to the Watergate complex where you can buy groceries and supplies for your stay.

Our suite was a one bedroom with two queen size beds, full kitchen and living room with two tv's. It is ideal for families or for a longer visit where you want to settle in.
Old May 24th, 2008, 12:05 PM
nlg

We also have Hilton Honors and we really like to stay at Embassy Suites-there are several in Washington. Having a suite is great with children. Embassy suites don't have a full kitchen but they do have a frig and microwave. The free breakfast and afternoon cocktails are great too.
Old May 27th, 2008, 03:55 AM
Original Poster

Would you know size wise how the suites compare between the 2 Embassy Suites (Convention Ctr. and Downtown)and the Homewood suites? They each appear to ba within a block or two of Metro stations so that is a plus. Thank you.