Transportation for 6 to and from hotel in NYC

May 16th, 2008, 02:15 PM
Original Poster

Transportation for 6 to and from hotel in NYC

I am planning a trip for 6 to NYC in July. I had thought about using Super Shuttle to get us between the hotel and airport. After reading some of the posts about Super Shuttle I'm starting to rethink the idea. Is there a better option for 6 people? Thanks.
May 16th, 2008, 02:26 PM
dmlove

Two taxis.

May 16th, 2008, 03:11 PM

Which airport?

For LGA, two taxis

For JFK or EWR, a private car service might be cheaper.

Super Shuttle for six will cost the same, and if you end up sharing with other people, you'll spend loads of time driving around to drop them at their destinations.
May 16th, 2008, 04:10 PM

Shuttle services make no sense for 6 people - the price is just way too high.

Agree to do 2 taxis from LGA or get a car service (try Carmel of Dial 7) from LGA of EWR. Arrange it in advance and look for discount coupons on their web sites.
May 16th, 2008, 06:04 PM
dmlove

I looked on the Dial 7 website before I posted "two taxis". I don't think they have a viable option for 6 people with luggage.

May 16th, 2008, 06:31 PM
Original Poster

We are flying into Newark and flying out of LGA. I looked on dial7.com and the minivan will only fit 5 people and the bigger van is $150 that's more than Super Shuttle. They have a special online price for a sedan for $44 maybe we could get two sedans and have three in each car. I don't know. Thanks for the post.
May 17th, 2008, 09:39 AM

The problem with Super Shuttle is not just the price for several people.

First, they are unreliable -esp for pick ups - since they may be picking up at 5 hotels and if you're #5 and they get stuck in traffic you can miss your flight. On the way into the city they also stop at several hotels - so you may find yourselves driving around in traffic for 45 minutes while they drop off other people - when with a car service you would already by checked in, showered and out on the street.
May 17th, 2008, 11:14 AM
Original Poster

You can sign up to get a bus for your party only. It's only a couple dollars difference. I'll look into that. Thanks.