Reload this Page >

Please Help!! Need Moderately Priced Hawaii Honeymoon Hotels

Notices

Old Oct 25th, 2004, 01:35 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Message: I am in the process of booking my honeymoon for end of July, 2005. I am well traveled and I usually love planning our vacations. However, I seem to be completely overwhelmed with the options in Hawaii. I received excellent recommendations from this message board when I went to England/Ireland two years ago, so I am once again looking for help. Ideally we would like to stay for 12-14 days and I would like to stay two days in and around Honolulu, then spend the bulk of the time in Maui and maybe stay two more nights on one of the other islands.

I know if I stay at the Four Seasons or some other five star hotel I would have a great trip. However, it won't help my bank account. So I am looking for recommendations for more moderately priced places to stay. Hopefully someplace that can make our honeymoon very special. I thank you all in advance for any advice.

rujackmac
Old Oct 25th, 2004, 03:24 PM

Wow, what a perfect post for my step-sister. She is getting married in Feb '05 and is having the same problem.
Tripadviser has helped, but the choices are still overwhelming and often the reviews on tripadvisor conflict so much you don't know what to believe.
So everyone... your responses will be valuable to at least 2 couples!
Old Oct 25th, 2004, 04:10 PM

We love Napili Sunset. I've given this answer so many times, that a fellow Fodorite actually accused me of working for them!
They are older condominiums, but kept in absolutly beautiful shape and are on one of the prettiest stretch of beaches I've ever seen.
Old Oct 25th, 2004, 04:14 PM

Hi!
We honeymooned in Hawaii this past August, and it was amazing. We did 13 nights, and spent 2 in Honolulu, 4 on the Big Island, and 7 on Maui. This breakdown worked really well for us.

We paid about $200 per night and stayed at the Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach (Oahu), Hapuna Beach Prince Hotel and the Waikoloa Marriott (Big Island) and the Hyatt (Maui.) I would recommend all of these hotels!

If you do a search under my screen name, you should be able to find my 3 trip reports on the 3 islands, which may help you out. Good luck!
Old Oct 25th, 2004, 08:21 PM
gyppielou

Check out Alohapualani.com. Also search for a rental in Hana for 2 nights. There is so much to see on Maui that I would just go for it and enjoy each part of the island. We have stayed in the Napali area for a few nights, then gone to Wailea side, and in between Hana....that way you are not driving so much to each area and can explore, yet still relax by the pool and ocean.

Old Oct 25th, 2004, 09:53 PM

There are many moderately priced accomodations available in Maui and Honolulu. (For what it's worth, I'd recommend a stay of more than just a couple days on Oahu). But can you be a bit more specific about what you're visualizing? Big resorts, a la Hyatt? Smaller type hotel or condos on the beach?? Cottages? Lots of quiet, and privacy? Or lots of nightlife? If you could narrow it down a bit, you should get lots of valuable responses on this site. Aloha, and congrats on your engagement!
Old Oct 25th, 2004, 10:16 PM

This site began as a budget guide for vacation lodging, but has now expanded to include moderate lodging, too:
http://www.alternative-hawaii.com/accomg.htm

Take the time to wade through his lists -- you'll save $$ in the long run.
Old Nov 8th, 2004, 09:43 AM

Maybe even a bit more modest than you're looking for but The Breakers and The Hawaiiana Hotel on Beach Walk are nice low-key, low-rise hotels a block or so in off Waikiki.
Old Nov 11th, 2004, 03:34 PM

For a really nice place check out Grand Champions Villas in Wailea, Maui. They're spacious units. Check out VRBO.com
Old Nov 11th, 2004, 07:12 PM

Aloha Rujacmac - check out Waterfalls Inn in Hilo for a few nights on the Big Island. A few nights in Hilo, a few nights at the Kilauea Lodge in Volcano at a cabin with a fireplace, a few nights at a resort on the Kona side (I like the Prince Hapuna) - perfect!
Old Nov 11th, 2004, 09:21 PM

For a stay of two weeks you might save quite a bit with an entertainment card. Inquire about "entertainment rates" at any hotel that you call. If you find some great deals, you can easily purchase a membership card at entertainment.com

Also, for something pretty unique, check out peaceofmaui.com
Old Nov 12th, 2004, 12:12 AM

Grand Champions is a large condominium complex in Wailea, a great part of Maui. The complex is not on the water.
Gale (above) owns a unit there and never fails to promote the complex.
You might investigate the Ka`anapali Beach Hotel, which gets [mainly] good reviews.
Old Nov 12th, 2004, 03:10 PM

I second the suggestion for the Kaanapali Beach Hotel. Great beach and lovely grounds.
-Bill
Old Nov 14th, 2004, 04:36 AM

Another one for Kaanapali Beach hotel!