Which Hawaii Island is for me?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5th, 2004, 03:41 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am a traveling rookie. I have been placed (ordered) by my future wife to plan the honeymoon. I am interested in Hawaii for next July. I am looking for snorkeling/scuba, sailing, jet skies/ biking and also some piece and quite. We are both pretty active but also want some time to just relax. Are there any Hawaii islands that offer all this in a beautiful surrounding. Suggestions for other regions welcome as well.

Thanks
Tyson
Austin, Texas
Old Sep 5th, 2004, 03:56 PM

Welcome Tyler! Sounds to me like Maui will be your ultimate honeymoon destination. It has everything you are looking for! I would run a search on Maui specifically and read what other fodorites have to say about the island. You need to establish a budget for lodging, food and activities. You have many choices of hotels, condos, etc. Give us some more insight and we'll help you plan a great trip!
Old Sep 6th, 2004, 01:16 AM

I agree Maui is wonderful but didn't find the nightlife there all that exciting. It's great if you like to play golf but I find the beaches on other islands such as Hawaii and Oahu better (personal choice, of course)Lots of opportunity for outdoor stuff...you might want to consider dividing your time between at least two islands.
Old Sep 6th, 2004, 05:27 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, Nitelife for me is sitting out side enjoying a nice beverage watching live entertainment. I am looking for something that is all inclusive, comfortable (ac, clean). Thanks for your help.
Old Sep 6th, 2004, 06:23 AM

I'd go with Maui ot the BI. The only true "all inclusive" that I'm aware of is the Kona Village on the BI. Some hotels have meal plans though. How many days will you be there?
-Bill
Old Sep 6th, 2004, 07:08 AM

Congratulations on your upcoming marriage! Some destinations (like Mexico's Mayan Riviera) have an abundance of nice all-inclusives. Yet, other destinations offer very few and have plenty of wonderful restaurants to try. Hawaii is the latter. Maui has great resorts (Four Seasons, Renaissance, Fairmont, Ritz, Westin) and many nice restaurants. It is easy to do a search for restaurants in Maui, get books to read about the best, and use WWW.tripadvisor.com for reviews of hotels and restaurants to get you started. It's great that you are planning early. Researching a trip is time consuming, but WELL worth the time!
Old Sep 6th, 2004, 07:14 AM

Tyler-this seems to be posted on the US forum. Try posting it on the specific Hawaii site here also.