Notices

Hawaii Trip

Old Sep 5th, 2004, 06:20 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hawaii Trip

I am trying to plan a trip for my husband, myself (in our 30's), and my parents (their 40th anniv) to Oahu and Maui for May 2005. None of us have ever been. I am looking at the Hilton Hawaiian Village or the Outrigger Waikki on Oahu and both seem nice. My snag is on Maui. We want to stay in the Kaanapali area because we want to be nearer to things than in the Wailea area. I've looked at Hyatt Regency but didn't think there was much of a beach. I also looked at the Westin and saw in the fine print that there was an $18 resort fee on top of what we'd already pay. Is this common on HI? We've traveled alot and have never has to pay a resort fee. Lastly, the Sherton Maui seems like it has a nice beach.
We are snorkeling and beach people but we also like to go shopping and see the sites. I don't think picking a place on Oahu is a problem, Maui is my snag.
O yea, we're staying 3 to 4 nts on Oahu and 6 nts on Maui.
Any suggestions?
Thanks!!!
Old Sep 5th, 2004, 06:54 AM

Hi littlehouse,
My husband and I recently returned from our honeymoon, and also went to Oahu and Maui. I would definitely recommend Outrigger Waikiki, it was a great hotel in an awesome location. On Maui, we stayed at the Hyatt Regency and also loved it. No, there wasn't much of a beach (and we are HUGE beach people), but you can just walk 5-10 minutes down the beach path to a better stretch, not a problem at all. There were also a couple of days we explored different beaches. The Hyatt also has a resort fee (15/day), a lot of the big resorts on Maui do this. Do a search under my name and you will see my 3 trip reports, one for Oahu, one for BI, and one for Maui.
Old Sep 8th, 2004, 02:23 PM
Original Poster

Hey Beachgirl,
Can you tell me your email so I can ask you some Hawaii questions since you stayed at the same places that we're staying? I don't want to bore everyone on here with things I can just ask you.
Thanks!!!
littlehouse
Old Sep 8th, 2004, 03:38 PM

littlehouse, if you ask your questions publicly, then others can benefit from the answers. Doubtful you will bore anyone--I know I just skip over posts that do not interest me.
Old Sep 8th, 2004, 05:02 PM

Littlehouse: Here_today is right...ask anything you want and I will answer anything I can on this thread