Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Park City THIS Weekend (Sept. 24 & 25) What to do, what to do?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21st, 2005, 07:13 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Outdoor loving couple want to hike and bike. Any favorite trails for either? Any favorite bike shops for rentals?

Oh, we like to eat too! Favorite breakfast, lunch or dinner places? Happy to go to The Canyons or DV too.
Old Sep 21st, 2005, 07:28 AM

We used Cole Sports to rent bikes when we were in PC in 2003. There are trails (and very nice, challenging ones, I might add) running directly out of the shop parking lot. They rented us decent bikes in good shape, and gave us good trail recs. The first day we did some trails just out of the shop, as I recall we went toward a small lake, but I can't remember any trail names. For our easy day we did Lost Prospector which is right in town. Final day we did Wasatch Crest, beware Puke Hill at 10,000 feet and take cold weather gear, the weather changes dramatically from one minute to the next (it sleeted on us in June...this makes a southern girl's head spin).

Eat at Grappa for dinner. Please have fun and post your trip report!
Old Sep 21st, 2005, 08:19 AM
Original Poster

Thanks chickie! Just the info I was hoping for. First time to PC and I'm excited to be able to check out the resort areas for potential ski trips of the future.
Old Sep 21st, 2005, 03:08 PM
Original Poster

Any other suggestions for restaurants?
Old Sep 22nd, 2005, 11:17 AM
Deblynn

We take weekend trips to Park City all the time as we live only 80 miles northwest. Our favorite restaurant is the Riverhorse for fine dining. They have wonderful steaks, seafood (which is flown in fresh daily) as well as other items; chicken, etc. There are two fun mexican restaurants; Baja Cantina which has good food, great atmosphere and LaCasita (for more authentic mexican food). Both have good margaritas. On main street there are some other great restaurants. For great Pizza/Pasta, try Main Street Pasta, for asian, Wahso, is great, but pricey. We also like Grappa for wonderful italian, but they are very pricey and there are other good restaurants to try. Chimayo is another good restaurant with southwestern flair. For good breakfast, try the Eating Establishment or Off Main Bakery/Cafe. We had a great Sunday Brunch up at the Stein Erickson Lodge in Deer Valley. As for biking trails, there are some awesome trails up in Deer Valley. I believe any of the hotels or visitors center would have a map. Have fun. PS. When are you going??

Old Sep 22nd, 2005, 04:35 PM
Original Poster

I arrive in SLC tomorrow (Friday, 9/23)at 9:40pm and we'll drive to PC so we can get up early and have a full day of fun on Saturday.

Thanks for all the info!
Old Sep 22nd, 2005, 06:55 PM
Original Poster

Just threw all my clothes in a suitcase which made me wonder about appropriate dress for dinner in Park City. I'm used to eating in Aspen where you can wear jeans and a sweater to most places. What is typical at Grappa, Riverhorse, Chimayo, Stein Erickson Lodge?
Old Oct 2nd, 2005, 03:37 PM

Hi A

I imagine you are back home by now. How about a trip report? I live in Park City and I always like to hear what visitors think about our town!
Old Oct 2nd, 2005, 05:31 PM
Original Poster

Okee Dokee Dayle. Thanks for the nudge.