Park City Restaurants

Search

Park City Restaurants

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2nd, 2003, 02:44 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Park City Restaurants

Any suggestions for lunch and dinner in Park City in 2 weeks? We have 2 teenagers and are not looking for 5 star dining! Thanks!
Old Jun 4th, 2003, 06:48 AM

Hi ! I'll be in park city in two weeks too! You don't get a lot of responses on the Utah Board, do you?

I've been scoping out the restaurants on Chowhound, and I'm planning to hit Chimayo, Grappa, and Bistro Toujours based on responses I got there. The first two have a website you can look at to see if it's what you want.

I couldn't find much info about hotels either and have wound up at the Marriott.

Have a nice time and help me wish for good weather!
Old Jun 4th, 2003, 07:38 AM

We went with a 12 and 15 year old skiing this past winter.

Main Street Pizza and Noodle were good; and Texas Reds Barbecue would be good with teens. Our favorite place though was a couple miles out of town by the I-70 exit called Sage Grill. We liked it so much we went twice. We went out without the kids one night to Riverhorse Cafe. We did enjoy it, but thought the food was better at Sage Grill, and more reasonably priced.
Old Jun 4th, 2003, 07:16 PM

Hi!

I live in Park City, but haven't been around on the board much lately.

Texas Red's closed a couple months ago. Bought by new owners.

The restaurants mentioned above are all excellent, but LiteSpeed Chick is looking at the highest priced places in town. They are worth the $, but you will need reservations. Grappa, Chimayo and Washo are all owned by the same chef.

Sage Grill is fantastic and relatively reasonable. The Eating Establishment at the top of Historic Main Street is the best food for the buck and has been around forever. I always take family & friends there. Both of these are appropriate for families.

Our weather has been absolutely divine these last 3 weeks. That's one of the many reasons I live here....
Old Jun 4th, 2003, 07:35 PM
Original Poster

Thanks all for the responses. One and a half weeks to go, so keep that great weather coming!
Old Jun 5th, 2003, 06:30 AM

I live in PC too.
Grappa's great!!!
Chamayo..juice not worth the squeeze
Washo only been to once and was quite not bad. If you are there on a Sunday, the brunch at the Stein Eriksen Lodge is a good as it gets.River Horse is great. Texas Reds was never more than marginal. Sage Grill is great. Bankok Thai is also very good at the bottom of Main St. There is not a shortage of restaurants in Park City. If ya want to take a 25-30 minute drive to Sundance, the Tree Room and the Foundry Grille are very good as well, but mildly expense. Another consideration would be Adolph's. It is quite popular with locals as is the Eating Establishment. Also, the Morning Ray Cafe at the top of Main St. used to be great for breakfast, but not sure if it is still opened.
Old Jun 5th, 2003, 07:56 AM

How about the Globe Cafe by Moonlight in Salt Lake? Better to eat there my first night? Do you think I need res. at Grappa, et al even on week nights?

Thanks.
Old Jun 5th, 2003, 09:55 AM

I doubt you will need a reservation at Grappa's at this time during the season on a week night. However, it may be needed on the weekend. Ya know, the Globe Cafe in downtown SLC, I drive past it several times a week. It is only a few blocks from my office. I hear good things about it. It is always fairly busy but I have never tried it. Also, there are a plethora of good restaurants in Salt Lake as well. Have a great trip.
Old Jun 5th, 2003, 11:41 AM

I used to live in Park City, but now I am in Salt Lake City. If you are looking for more casual family-type restaurants that aren't as expensive as the popular ones, I would suggest the following.

1) Salt Lake City is only a 20 minute drive from Park City, and you have many selections down here.

2) Kimball Junction is about 6 miles out of Park City. It's the exit off I-80 that you take to get to Park City. It has a factory mall and many casual places to eat that aren't very expensive.

3) In Park City: There is a very laid back Mt. Air Cafe that has been in Park City for years. It's not very fancy...comparable to Denny's and Dee's, but it will be cheaper. Nacho Mama's is a favorite local Mexican food place, as well as the Baja Cantina which is at the Park City Ski Resort. You will find the bulk of the restaurants on Main Street which is not very big at all, prices vary greatly. The Wasatch Grill at the top of Main Street is really good. Cisero's is excellent Italian food. Park City is not very big...you'll get a hang of your eating options very quickly.

Have a great time, don't forget to go on the Alpine Slide! That is a lot of fun!