San Domenico restaurant NYC

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30th, 2005, 04:24 AM
Original Poster

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I am headed to NYC this weekend and have reservations for 6 at San Domenico restaurant (we are having the 5 course tasting menu). I know it's too late to change plans now, but still interested in hearing others experiences at this restaurant. This was a last minute change from Felidia's upon the recommendation of a friend who loves San Domenico. I could only find one review of it on Trip Advisor. Thanks.
Old Sep 30th, 2005, 05:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lovely room, very good food. One of my own personal favorites.

Have a good time.
Old Sep 30th, 2005, 06:47 AM

It's been a while since I was there. Friends used to live in the building above. I remember the menu as being a bit unusual. I liked it but thought it was too pricey. There are some reviews on menupages.com

The Zagat guide gives it 22 (out of 30) for food. Felidia gets a 26. I found Felidia more welcoming.
Old Sep 30th, 2005, 06:54 AM
Ike

Tom go to www.chowhound.com....you have to register but it's free....use Tom for a user name.....click on cut to the chow.....then click on the New York on the U. S. Map.......then click on Manhattan and post your message. You will get plenty of responses. Chowhound is a much better site to find restaurant information. You can even search for older messages using the google search on the same page as the map.

I have been to San Domenico several times and really enjoyed it very much. I think the food is excellent but I really love Feledia also. I would prefer Feledia for dinner. San Domenico would be great for lunch as it's close to Madison and 5th Ave.

Bon Appetit.
Old Sep 30th, 2005, 07:13 AM
Original Poster

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks for the quick replies! If I had my choice, I would probably have stuck with Felidia but, alas, compromise is necessary when dining in a large group. It sounds like either would be a good choice though - and each course of the tasting menu at San Demonico does sound very good.

Thanks again (and Ike,thanks for the Chowhound tip - I always forget about that site)
Old Sep 30th, 2005, 07:16 AM

San Domenico is actually across from Central Park, between Broadway & 7th Avenue, about 4 blocks (avenues) from Madison.
Old Oct 2nd, 2005, 05:39 PM

I found meals at San Domenico to be overated and pricey. I personally like Felidia better from all aspects. Sitting upstairs at Felidia cannot be beat. You'll get much better service if you are a larger party.