BOSOX Tickets

Apr 19th, 2005, 11:45 AM
Original Poster

BOSOX Tickets

The family will be in Boston in July/05. I'm looking for 3 tickets for the July 16 game against NYY!! I know, I'm asking the impossible, right? Any suggestions on getting tickets besides scalpers?
Apr 19th, 2005, 11:53 AM

If you want tickets prior to game day you can get them from "legal" scalpers online. I'm not sure if you just mean "scalper" as someone standing outside the stadium or someone who makes personal profit.
Online try openseats.com, ticketsolutions.com, e-bay or a number of others. You will pay a HEFTY premium.

Also, check the website. I know they open seats on game day. We went last year and saw a long line. I was thankful to have a ticket in hand rather than chance not getting one on game day! (Even with paying 150% of actual price!)
Apr 19th, 2005, 11:59 AM

I'm afraid you are asking the impossible. This year getting tickets for any game is tough, and getting Yankees tickets is an impossibility. Don't count on "day of game" seats. While neworleanslady is correct, and they do sometimes release tix for day of game, people have already been camping out for hours to try and get them.

if you are intent on going, you are oging to have to try an agency. I've tried acetickets.com and there are many others. But expect to pay at LEAST 2xface value for the Yankees, and that would be for BAD seats.
Apr 19th, 2005, 12:20 PM

My son got sox tickets, last year, on Ebay
Apr 19th, 2005, 02:37 PM

You should have no trouble on e-bay. We got a bunch of yankees tickets to sold out games last year from e-bay - including for the ALCS vs RedSox. Just be prepared to pay a lot for them - I think our tickets were $96 face value each and we paid about $750 for the pair.
Apr 19th, 2005, 03:19 PM

Assuming that you are a big Red Sox fan and want to see the Sox destroy the Yankees in person at the hallowed grounds known as "The shrine of our Sox, Fenway Park," then go online and pay whatever it takes to get seats. You will kick yourself if you don't.

Ken (a FORMERLY long-suffering Red Sox fan)
Apr 20th, 2005, 04:04 AM

Don't drive to the game...take the T

A recent Globe story said parking at some lots is $100 game
Apr 20th, 2005, 04:50 AM

Try EBAY - you can buy anything on Ebay!

Karen
Apr 20th, 2005, 05:34 AM
Original Poster

This is my first time using Fodors....I think I posted my reply as a new message (stupid).

Any way, thanks to all for their advice. I'll give it a shot.

Ken, you're right! A trip to Boston would not be complete without catching a game at "the shrine". And what better game to see!!! Definitely cheering for the SOX!!
Apr 20th, 2005, 06:24 AM

trojudd-I wasn't sure if you are traveling & a first timer or a local looking for that game specifically. It's definitely worth going! I do remember that we paid approximately 150% of face value but I have NO idea what the actual cost ended up being. I also don't remember who they played! I only remember the feel of being at Fenway and that the Bosox won!
(Don't take this as another girl who doesn't know or understand baseball - I love the game, should remember who they played but I didn't even care - it was all about me being in FENWAY!) I was happy to go the year they won also so I will always remember my trip!
Have fun!
Apr 20th, 2005, 06:59 AM

Last year we went to a Sat. game to see the Sox-Phillies, which every said was a BIG game (Phils' only visit, and they were at or in 1st place at the time) and impossible to get tickets for. Not true.

We ran into dozens of scalpers lots of good seats. Your choices are limited by your wallet. In our case, we got good seats behind 3d base for, I believe, about double the price.

Good advice on taking the 'T" -- for two reasons: no parking hassles and you'll find scalpers outside the stations.
Apr 20th, 2005, 07:59 AM
Original Poster

Neworleanslady:I'm travelling & first time to Boston.

You're right...this all about an experience.
Will post message, let everyone know how I did.
Apr 20th, 2005, 09:18 AM
sam

For tix try www.craigslist.com, click on Boston, then tickets. I saw several posts for people wanting them and selling them. eBay is also a good spot - I bought 2 last week on eBay for the Sox/Yanks and got them below face, but they were a few rows apart. You can always get single seats cheaper and stand in "standing room" section too if you don't mind being on your feet. Just being there is a treat - the atmosphere is electric!
Apr 20th, 2005, 09:47 AM
Original Poster

Sam,thanks. I'll give that web site a try