Yankees tickets?

Old Feb 23rd, 2005, 05:39 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yankees tickets?

My husband wants to see the Yankees play Boston the end of May and their website shows all of the tickets sold out. Are there any other sources besides scalpers the day of the game? This will be our first trip to NYC and I don't know the ropes.
Old Feb 23rd, 2005, 05:43 PM

Ebay. Oh, and good luck
Old Feb 23rd, 2005, 06:25 PM

Ebay is a good idea, although I have never used Ebay for tickets. My husband and I had luck going to Yankee stadium early the morning of a game and buying tickets at the stadium that season ticket holders give up. But at a Yankee/Red Sox game, no one will be selling their tickets. This is a tough ticket to get. Also, if you're Red Sox fans, I'd advise you not to advertise it by wearing Red Sox hats, shirts, etc... at Yankee stadium. Hope you can get tickets. It's alot of fun!
Old Feb 23rd, 2005, 09:02 PM

I just did a search for "ticket brokers" and went to a broker's site. For the May 29 game, they have two seats in field box 11, row C, for $840 each. They also have bleacher seats for $60 each. Looks like there are some good seats in the $300 price range.

You would be able to buy these tickets now (mostly). You could also take a look for ticket brokers in the classified ads sections of city newspapers.

Good luck.
Old Feb 24th, 2005, 01:01 AM

you can try stubhub.com or if you have american express go to there website they somtime have ticketes for members
Old Feb 24th, 2005, 03:28 AM

If y ou can take a tour of Yankee Stadium do it!! As a Red Sox fan if your in the bleachers you won't see much....maybe your better off seeing it in your hotel room..Red Sox/Yankees tickets in Boston are impossible to get and with their winning the Championship they are sold out...even their games in Florida It should be quite a season..Ask yourself...is it really worth it.....
Old Feb 24th, 2005, 03:38 AM

If you bid/buy tickets on Ebay, just be sure to focus on the ones that offer paypal protection - that way your investment is protected. For our Chicago trip, I bidded on 4 tickets to see the Cubs - yes, they were pricy, but it was one of the highlights of our trip. However, they did not run nearly as much as some of the Yankee/Red Sox tickets listed. Just google it and you'll see the array of dates available. Again, good luck.
Old Feb 24th, 2005, 05:30 AM

We have bought through ebay several times and the tickets were always as advertised.

The problem is that for a RedSox game the sky's the limit - expect to pay at least double or triple the face value. I would check several of the on-line ticket brokers to see what they have as a guideline for what you will have to pay - for the Sox its doubtful ebay prices will be much less.

I would be very doubtful about buying outside the stadium for a game like this - the tickets are more likely to be fakes.
Old Feb 24th, 2005, 01:59 PM
Original Poster

Thank you all for the suggestions. I will check them out...and suspect we may content ourselves by going the night before when they aren't playing the Red Sox.
Old Feb 24th, 2005, 02:49 PM

Could you explain how Paypal protection works? I wanted to get tickets for the Cubs in Yankee Stadium, but that is showing as sold out, too.
Old Feb 24th, 2005, 03:37 PM

Here is a link that explains the benefits to the buyer (and of course there are benefits for the seller). Paypal essentially protects they buyer up to $1000 for a tangible good. There is a claims process and I have no idea how successful it is if there is a problem for the buyer.

https://www.paypal.com/eBay/cgi-bin/...-outside#items

When considering a purchase on Ebay, we look carefully at the seller's ratings (buyer feedback) - so far, we have been very fortunate and have had no problems. To be covered under paypal protection, the item must show the paypal shield and you must also make payment using paypal. My DH is the Ebay wiz; he has purchased wheels, tickets, and even a snowblower (the UPS guy LOVES us).

Anyway, that's the short story on paypal.
Old Feb 25th, 2005, 06:08 AM
al

Try www.selectaticket.com. I've bought concert tickets from them but never sports tickets. Good luck, be prepared to remortgage the house.
Old Feb 25th, 2005, 07:03 AM

I would not suggest buying tkts outside the stadium from scalpers, as nytraveler seems to have misinterpretted my suggestion. In the morning, the stadium releases seats from season tkt holders that release them (b/c they are not using them) for re-sale.
Old Feb 25th, 2005, 09:21 AM

kiki1

I was not misrepresenting your words - I was referring to the OP's mention of buying from scalpers the day of the game - presumably outside the stadium - I don;t know here else you would get them then.
Old Feb 25th, 2005, 09:54 AM

Grantier, Be prepared to pay HUGE, GINORMOUS bucks to see a Yankees/Red Sox game. Perhaps seeing a "regular" game would not be so cost prohibitive.
Old Feb 25th, 2005, 10:28 AM

I frequently purchase tickets from scalpers under the #4 subway tracks, outside of all the sports bars at The Stadium. (People worry about "fake tickets," but it's never happened to me or my many friends who do the same thing. But you've been warned.)

To secure the best price, either arrive 90 minutes early and find a scalper, or wait until just a few minutes before the game starts.

Good Luck!
Old Feb 25th, 2005, 10:37 AM

There is a bowling alley across the street from the stadium (under the elevated train) that often has people selling tickets right after the game has started.
Old Feb 25th, 2005, 11:39 AM

Yep, the bowling alley is inside a sports bar under the subway. Scalpers can be found along that entire strip of bars & shops.

And don't be fooled -- "ticket brokers" are just scalpers with a phone number. Not with Yankees tickets, but I've had more problems over the years with "brokers" than with on-the-street scalpers (concert tix).