Yankees Stadium Seating

Search

Yankees Stadium Seating

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17th, 2006, 10:32 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yankees Stadium Seating

I will be in NYC Sept. 15th-17th and would like to see a Yankees game. This is the weekend they are playing the Red Sox so tickets are very expensive. I wouldn't want to spend more than $50 per ticket. That limits my options to the bleachers or one of the high upper level seats. Which is the better option? Any chance tickets will be cheaper the day of the game?
Old Aug 17th, 2006, 10:41 AM
GoTravel

I'm sure ticket prices will go up by game day and will not be cheaper.

If you can find available tickets, buy what you want and be done with this. If you wait, you'll probably be SOL.

I'm really surprised tickets are available.

Old Aug 17th, 2006, 10:46 AM
Original Poster

By available, I mean through brokers. The games are sold out.
Old Aug 17th, 2006, 10:46 AM

No first hand knowledge of Yankee tickets but as a lifelong baseball fan...

Yankees-Sox is the biggest (argueably) rivalry in sports and this series is likely to be a major factor in the playoffs. That being said, all the games will sell out. Tickets will get more expensive as the game gets closer.

Check stubhub, ebay, or Craigs List and get the best deal you can get now.
Old Aug 17th, 2006, 11:00 AM

Get them now. $50 a ticket is a good deal for a Yankees/Sox game. I've never sat in the bleachers but did sit in the higher upper level seats and they were fine.
Old Aug 17th, 2006, 11:46 AM

Get whatever tickets you can get, the prices on game day will be VERY expensive and there will be none at the box office. You might try ebay for tickets as well, but nothing is going to be cheap.

Have a great time at the game.
Old Aug 17th, 2006, 12:04 PM

The only chance they will get cheaper is if either team completely falls apart and is out of the race by mid-September. Not likely to happen.

I just checked on Stubhub and Ace tickets - the cheapest tickets I could find for 2 seats together was about $100 each - you can get them for less if you just want one seat.
Old Aug 17th, 2006, 12:07 PM

K1

Whatever you do, DON'T buy them from scalpers outside the stadium!! They can be counterfeit, lots of that going on these days.

IF you can get a ticket, $50 is a great price no matter where they are, good luck. Go Yankees!
Old Aug 17th, 2006, 12:34 PM

If given the choice I'd sit at the top of the upper deck vs. the bleachers. I don't like the perspective from the bleachers. But at the top of the upper deck near the foul pole, I think you lose the view of the close corner, even some of fair territory. That bothers me more in RF because of the short porch and there being more action when the lineup is stacked with lefties.

If you can get a seat for $50 I'd jump on it now.
Old Aug 17th, 2006, 01:54 PM

I just went to ebay and tickets for that weekend are going for around $100 per ticket. If you can get them for $50 JUMP on it. If you don't have the tickts yet go to ebay ASAP and pick them up there.

Good luck and have a great time at the game.

GO SOX (sorry had to add that)
Old Aug 17th, 2006, 04:16 PM

I'm amazed brokers have tickets for $50 - for Red Sox gmes the brokers usually charge double to triple face value. the closer you get the higher the prices will be.

The bleaches will be much closer to the field. High tier boxes are so high and such a steep angle they make me dizzy (did it once years ago for a World Series game - never again).

You might also look on ebay and luck out with someone who can;t use their own season seat.

But $50 is a great deal for anything. The last sox game we saw - 2004 ALDS it was over $700 for a pair of seats.
Old Aug 17th, 2006, 04:20 PM

Oh - and before you buy ask the broker for their fee (on top of ticket price) and the shipping cost. A ticket listed for $50 can't be bought for that.
Old Aug 18th, 2006, 04:09 AM

I don't think OP said he found tickets for $50 - just that he didn't want to pay more than $50.

Tickets to be most careful of are the "print at home" variety - when you buy them on-line you can print your tickets on your printer. The first ticket with that barcode thru the gate is presumed to be legitimate - and there is nothing to stop the original buyer from printing multiples of same seat.

Of course, there is a real possibility the Yankees will fall into third place (go Red Sox) by then and you would be able to get a deal.
Old Aug 18th, 2006, 10:47 AM
Original Poster

I went with the upper Tier seats. Ticketliquidator.com has some for $60 a piece after all the fees are added. Most are single seats but there are a few pairs left. Thanks for all the advice!
Old Aug 18th, 2006, 10:54 AM

Hope you enjoy the game. Just be prepared for the sound, the fact that you have to stand most of the game, and the stands shaking from fans stamping. (In a recent interview Jeter said that when he hit the Mr. November" homer against the Diamondbacks in 2001 the ground around home plate was shaking by the time he got there.)

Oh - and I wouldn;t count on the Yankees being in third by then - they seem to be taking the Sox apart pretty well today.