Search

cubs game

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4th, 2004, 05:42 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cubs game

Can anybody tell me how one would go about getting tickets to a cubs game? My friend and I are looking to visit in June some time..Thanks!
Old Jan 4th, 2004, 06:30 AM

Check the cub web site for the on-sale ticket date for 2004. You can get tickets via the net or calling the number provided but do it (early) the day they go on sale!! Another option is to go through a broker which we've done a few times and had very good luck with (a little more expensive but not too bad unless you want premium seats). Another option, if this doesn't bother you, is to just go and scalp tickets, there always seem to be plenty available. Good luck, there's nothing like a game at Wrigley.
Old Jan 4th, 2004, 06:47 AM

DianeC4,

Here is the Cub's website (you could get this if you had done a Google search):

http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/NASApp/m...x.jsp?c_id=chc

The only problem with the tickets is that they don't have the game times yet. Should be soon.

Curious
Old Jan 8th, 2004, 05:18 PM

Diane,

If you go to a game during the week it is relatively easy to buy tickets at the window. You'll see people line up as soon as the ticket window opens (check the website for times). I've also walked up to the window and bought tickets right before game time, as well. Buying in advance never hurts though, I guess. I recommend an afternoon game instead of a night game.
Old Jan 8th, 2004, 06:46 PM

Use caution when buying tickets on the street. A friend bought four tickets this summer and it turned out they were counterfeit. A few hundred dollars down the drain. Probably better to buy from a reliable outlet.
Old Jan 8th, 2004, 06:52 PM

When you do get tickets and get into the game, have fun watching the crowd. One time, the seats in front of us changed over six times during a ballgame. New people would appear and raise their eyebrow. People sitting in the seats would turn red and move. Then it would happen again. And again. Evidently everyone just wanders around playing musical chairs, bluffing their way into better and better seats.