PV- Casa Andrea or Los Arcos

Old Mar 3rd, 2003, 05:57 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PV- Casa Andrea or Los Arcos

Considering a trip this summer with my sister and considering these hotels. Any advice on location, rooms, pool? Thank you!
Old Mar 3rd, 2003, 09:08 PM
dp

Your mention of Los Arcos can be of 3 different hotels, Playa Los Arcos right on the beach or Los Arcos Vallarta and Los Arcos Suites which are around the corner and inland another block. I have stayed at Playa Los Arcos several times and really liked it. If you choose there, be sure and book a Superior room and ask for one facing the beach or pool (4th floor facing the pool on the south wing have huge patios). Friends have stayed at Los Arcos Suites and liked it; said they had a huge room and even though it faced the street, was very quiet; everything was clean and the pool nice. Los Arcos Vallarta has gotten mixed reviews, but the rooftop pool is suppose to be nice. You can use the pool and beachside facilities at the PLA even if you stay at one of the other 2 properties. I have visted Casa Andrea, which is inland from the beach about 2 blocks and is a small gated property of 8-10 rooms, beautiful courtyard and pool, small fitness and TV room, internet access and continental breakfast in the mornings. It feels like you're in a little sanctuary and the owner is a great hostess. I hope to stay there on a future visit. Both (all) are in great locations for getting around the southside of PV and close to many restaurants, bars and shopping.
Old Mar 4th, 2003, 10:22 AM

Casa Andrea!!!!! Absolutely no contest. I've been to PV many many times. And stayed at Casa Andrea the past two. It is heavenly. Playa Los Arcos (which is right in the same neighborhood) is just a mid-range large high-rise nothing special tourist hotel.

Casa Andrea has (2) 2-bedrooms and (8) 1-bedrooms. Traveling with your sister you might want to spring for the UPstairs two bedroom apartment if you can get it. This has a view out to the ocean. But even the 1-bedrooms all have a sweet little open air fully equipped patio style kitchen overlooking the courtyard. If you've seen the website, it is really just that lovely. Great location near the beach, nicely appointed rooms, fantastic pool area. www.casa-andrea.com.

If you have a specific question I'm happy to write to you direct [email protected]
Old Mar 5th, 2003, 11:43 AM

Suze, What are the rates for the Casa Andrea at christmas time. It looks really cute. We have 2 teens age 17 and 19. Do you think it would be too quitet for them? I was thinking we should stay somewhere on the beach. I was leaning toward the Hotel Buenaventura because of them but would you think they would be happy with the Playa los Arcos? I like the idea of staying in old town but we are used to being at places that ar busy. Also, does the Casa have cocktails/wine or do you bring your own?
Old Mar 5th, 2003, 03:16 PM

Casa Andrea has a bar, but it may not be the best place for your teens, it's a far older crowd there, usually.
Los Arcos would be better for them.
Old Mar 5th, 2003, 03:25 PM

JR beat me to it! Casa Andrea does have a palapa bar with cocktail hours in the evening. Or you can make your own in your kitchen, either one. But it is WAY too dull and quiet to appeal to young people!

Don't worry about the neighborhood in general though... it couldn't get much "busier" than around Olas Altas and Playa Los Muertos!!! It has way more going on then up in the Hotel Zone strip around the Buenaventura (to my view).
Old Apr 16th, 2003, 09:48 PM

Does anyone know how comfortable it will be to stay at Casa Andrea in early May. Will we be able to sleep at night without air conditioning?
Old Apr 17th, 2003, 09:34 AM
dp

Casa Andrea now has air conditioners installed in the bedrooms, which can be shut off from the rest of the open-air areas. They have not updated their website, which I think would be plus with this info.
Old Apr 17th, 2003, 01:18 PM

I heard they've put in A/C for the bedrooms, but even without, May is normally not way hot yet like summer...

and the way the rooms are set up they catch a fantastic breeze when you open everything up plus have several ceiling fans. My guess is you might not even use the A/C after all.