Cancun Restaurant Reservations

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27th, 2005, 08:17 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How is the best way to make restaurant reservations in Cancun before arriving? We are only there for 3 nights & want to be sure to get a reservation at La Habichuela.
Old Mar 28th, 2005, 03:09 AM

Go to Lahabichuela.com and reserve on the site under the contact tab.

http://www.lahabichuela.com/english/index.php?page=form

Make sure you request the garden for seating. Cocobichuela, soooo yummy!
Old Mar 28th, 2005, 03:51 AM

Ohhhhh, dougout. It is 7 in the morning and you have now made me hungry for cocobichuela. I tell you, that stuff is manna from heaven.

The next time you are in Cancun, head over to Bamboo on Isla Mujeres and have their entree that comes in a coconut. It is a Thai dish with shrimp and pineapple and rice and is one of the only things I've had that comes close to being as good.

We will be there next month (on Isla) and are taking the ferry over to Cancun for one night and can't decide whether to go to Maria Bonita or La H for dinner. (For me it's a no-brainer - La H. - but my husband loves the fun atmosphere at Maria Bonita.)

I have less than three weeks to change his mind!
Old Mar 28th, 2005, 06:31 AM
Original Poster

Thanks so much, dougout. I'm doing this right away. We will most likely eat at hotel the first night due to late arrival, but do you have a suggestion for 3rd night? Maria Bonita sounds too noisy for us.
Old Mar 28th, 2005, 07:05 AM

We have had two great meals at Laguna Grill which features seafood and has a well known chef, Sasha specializing in fusion cuisine. The place has a neat decor with lots of tile and mosaic.

http://www.cancundmc.com/laguna.stm

LaMadonna at La Isla also has an incredible decor which is worth stepping in to see.

We have pics of LaHabichuela if you like. Just send me a note at [email protected].

Thanks Diana for the recommendation. We like IM but have not been to that place. MB is too noisey for us. Guess we're getting old!
Old Mar 28th, 2005, 08:29 AM

I've also heard good things about Laguna. I had eaten at Sasha's when he had his old place over in the house in downtown.

MB is too noisy and kitschy for me too, but my DH gets a big kick out of it - and he loves their premium tequila selection

I don't think we're getting old! Seems to me that once you've been there (MB) you've been there. I don't necessarily want my food served to me by someone dressed up like Pancho Villa or Commandante Marcos.
Old Mar 28th, 2005, 11:06 AM

Hey D - Couldn't agree more. Send me an e-mail at the afore-mentioned address. Hasta!

Cocobichuela forever!