Search

Resturants in Cancun

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25th, 2002, 12:59 PM
Ester

Resturants in Cancun

We're going to Cancun in Nov. I'd like some recommendations of good Mexican food resturants that do not cost a fortune.<BR>Thanks

Old Jul 25th, 2002, 03:20 PM
Nancy

El Pescador in downtown Cancun

Old Jul 26th, 2002, 07:03 AM
Sant

My two favorite restuarants for Mexican food are Labna, run by the same people as La Habicuela (and right next door) and Los Almendros, both in downtown Cancun. Both are very reasonably prices (entrees &lt;$10).

Old Jul 26th, 2002, 09:33 AM
margo

I'm in full agreement with La Habicuela. It is located in the old portion of Cancun, not the glitsy hotel area. It is family owned and operated. You can eat inside or on the patio. We forgot the name of the restaurant but new the translation of the word was "stringbean"... so found out the mexican word at the hotel. Reservations highly recommended. When we came out from eating it was only 8pm but the street was lined with cabs bringing people there.

Old Jul 27th, 2002, 01:57 PM
Geri

La Parilla (literally "the grill," I think) in old Cancun. It's on the other side of the street and a little farther down from the highly overrated Perico's (noisy and over-priced. Look for the vertical spit roasting al pastor (looks like gyros, but it's marinated pork basted with pineapple, etc.)in front. Delicious, big margaritas and great tacos (try the assortment). I love this place! Another inexpensive downtown place is El Tacolote-family owned and eager to please. Have fun!