Search

Restaurants in Cancun

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24th, 2009, 09:49 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Restaurants in Cancun

My husband and I are traveling to Cancun this May and this is our first time there. Any suggestion for some great restaurants? We love seafood and Mexican food. Thanks.
Old Mar 25th, 2009, 03:40 PM

Captains Cove and Lorenzios (has amazing lobster) are my favorite places to go. We go there every time we go to Cancun, and we have been over 6 times. They are both on the lagoon and it is just a really good environment.
Old Mar 30th, 2009, 02:17 PM
Original Poster

thank you, we'll have to try it once we're there
Old Apr 13th, 2009, 01:06 PM

Silk ( http://www.me-cancun.com/SilkAsianBistro.html )has great Asian cuisine if you're in the Hotel Zone. Of course, you have to checkout Cancun landmarks like Senor Frogs and Pat O'Brian's, too.
Old Apr 15th, 2009, 05:39 AM

I go to Cancun every year and I am sorry but I can't agree with juicy 4595, but I would stay away from Lorenzillo's. It is really expensive and not worth it. It is the worst food I ever ate. It is overpriced and really not good. No one I ever heard ate there and liked it. Also, there is a restuarnt in the La Isla mall called Madonna's stay clear of that too. Big rip off way overpriced. I certainly don't mind paying for a good restaurant but I don't like paying a high price for bad food. I would certainly recommend Captains Cove but you might also want to try La Dolce Vita, Crab House, and La Fisheria for good seafood.
Old Apr 15th, 2009, 07:34 AM

I have been going to Cancun for 20 years and most restaurants are seriously overpriced and not good. It was a great idea to ask in this forum - I would take a look at Trip Advisor, too. My favorite place is Casa Rolandi in Plaza Caracol near the Riu Cancun and Riu Palace. We are going in May too (2nd - 9th)- normally we stay at Riu Cancun but are staying at the Palace for the first time. We can just walk across to the plaza and they have amazing food. I also love El Pescador - there used to be one in one of the malls but I think the only one now is downtown but worth the trip. You should consider taking buses rather than taxis - it is much cheaper and reasonably comfortable. I agree with some of the others - Captain's Cove is very good and they have a seafood buffet some nights. I like Lorenzillo's too but it is expensive. The dollar right now is very strong against the peso - it is 13 to 1 dollar - so we should get more for our money this time!
Old Apr 15th, 2009, 09:07 AM

bijou0304, I agree with you Casa Rolandi is a great restaurant and I am sure it will be on our list when we go this year in June. Also, how do you like La Habituela, don't know if I spelled it right but it is OK also.
Old Jun 21st, 2009, 08:40 PM

A great choice would be Puerto Madero, it is expensive, but the food and service are excelent.
Old Jun 22nd, 2009, 08:14 AM
RAC

Casa Rolandi is excellent.

A couple of good Mexican places are the restaurant in the F.A. Coral Beach and Paloma Bonita.
Old Jun 22nd, 2009, 10:39 AM

Just returned from Cancun and I had a wonderful experience at a new restuarant called Harry's. It is a steak house across from the Marriott on the bay side. The place is beautiful as well as very friendly and the food is very very good. It is a bit expensive but it is definitely worth it. I will make sure to put it on my list for next time.
Old Jul 11th, 2009, 06:05 AM

I know I am replying after your trip to Cancun but maybe I can help others who may be viewing this. We have been going to Cancun for 10 years now and love it. We stay at the Royal Carribean (a private resort) and the villas can be rented from the owners at Mexicondo.com.

I completely agree with Casa Rolandi. There is one also on Isla Mujeres. You can take a yaght ride over and eat dinner and the yaght brings you back to Cancun. Very romantic and well worth it. We do it every year! The Casa Rolandi on Isla Mujeres is right on the water and simply beautiful.

We too love Captain's Cove. It is right across from our villa so we go there a couple of times each year.

Right down the street about 2 blocks is Laguna Grill. Eat outside. Excellent cuisine and great service. So at sunset. Beautiful.

Puerto Modero is really good too. Great steaks. Little pricey but very good food.

Hope this helps.
Old Aug 14th, 2009, 02:21 PM

Thank you so much all-what is old for some is new to others-We will be down there in Dec & I have noted all places-yum they all sound good-Chris