Search

B.A. Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28th, 2003, 01:54 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B.A. Hotels

We are a group of 3 families(6 adults &amp; 5 teenagers) travelling to Buenos Aires for the Easter Holidays. We've been recommended the NH Florida &amp; NH Latino Hotels in B.A., which is centrally located and reasonably priced. Has any stayed at these hotels? We've checked others, but either they're overpriced or too lowpriced and not centrally located. Thank you<BR>
Old Feb 28th, 2003, 02:51 AM

NH Hotels have been described as the South American version of W hotels in the U.S....There are 4 in BA....the Jousten and City as well as the two you mention.<BR><BR>If by &quot;centrally located&quot; you mean close to downtown, perhaps the Florida is your best option, although it is not really located on Florida, the pedestrian mall...but it is close.<BR><BR>The Howard Johnson's Plaza on Florida is another option (until recently this hotel was the Mariott Courtyard). <BR><BR>Both of these hotels are located in the central business district....another option for you to consider is Recoleta, about a 3 peso cab ride from downtown, and for my money a more livealbe environment, full of outdoor cafes, movie theaters, etc.....<BR><BR>Good luck!! Hope you enjoy Buenos Aires, one of the nicest places on earth.
Old Mar 14th, 2003, 09:11 AM

seems you'd be better off in Recoleta at the Artsuites - 1-2 bedroom appartments <BR>[email protected]<BR>(don't tell them i recommended you, they don't like us to much ... we behaved badly)
Old Mar 14th, 2003, 10:36 AM

Artsuits has very nice room (modern style) similar to Design Suites. But its location is not that good... it´s on the other side of Las Heras Avenue, a couple of blocks from central Recoleta.<BR>Please keep in mind that most hotels are already full for Easter holidays, so I suggest you don´t take too long to make reservations or it will be hard for you to get rooms (or the rooms will be overpriced).<BR>
Old Mar 15th, 2003, 03:07 AM

regarding Art Suites....<BR>Here is the web site: <BR><BR>http://www.artsuites.com.ar<BR><BR>The rates at artsuites are reasonable by Recoleta standards and the apartments are very nice....modern, but without the austere &quot;minimalism&quot; found at Design Suites. I found the staff to be very helpful and friendly. <BR><BR>The downside is that Artsuites is several blocks from either the shopping on Santa Fe or the Village of Recoleta...no more than 4 blocks to either, an easy walk during the day...but I would take a cab at night for safety reasons....
Old Mar 15th, 2003, 07:20 PM

I will be traveling to Buenos Aires in May. I will be staying at a hotel in the area near the Gallerias Pacifico Mall. Is this a good location for easy access to the major sites??
Old Mar 15th, 2003, 09:19 PM

Dear ThinGorjus,<BR><BR>Do you already know the address of the hotel you will be staying at? <BR>Galerias Pacifico are in the central business district, which is VERY crowded during daytime but it becomes very quiet at night.<BR>If you are planning to go out every evening maybe you should stay closer to Barrio Norte and Recoleta, because there is no nightlife in downtown.<BR><BR>Anyway, the city has all kinds of means of transport: buses, subways and very cheap cabs, so you it´ll be easy for you to get wherever you want to.
Old Mar 16th, 2003, 02:15 PM

I will be staying at the Waldorf Hotel. I don't mind being far from the nightlife in Buenos Aires. I live in Philadelphia and am used to traveling across town to go to clubs and restaurants.
Old Mar 18th, 2003, 09:24 AM

The hotel is near several irish pubs. It is located in &quot;el bajo&quot; as porte&ntilde;os call it, which is the area &quot;down&quot; the center, near Alem Street.<BR>The area is very quiet at night but it´s easy to get anywhere from there, by taking cabs.
Old Mar 21st, 2003, 03:28 PM

Thanks for the info, Cintia.