Buenos Aires hotels - which?

Old May 2nd, 2004, 06:00 AM
ev
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buenos Aires hotels - which?

There are 4 of us planning a trip to Buenos Aires. We want to stay in a convenient, safe area, and are considering the following hotels:
Americas Towers
Castelar Hotel
Melia Boutique Hotel
Argenta Towers
Can anyone comment on the pros and cons of these hotels? Thank you in advance!
Old May 3rd, 2004, 05:48 AM

I would rank these hotels by quality and location as follows:

Argenta Towers. In Retiro on Juncal, close to downtown. Spacious rooms, friendly staff.

America's Towers. On Libertad in Barrio Norte, very close to Santa Fe...a busy street with lots of shops and transportation. Nice hotel..

Melia...in the downtown area, as I recall it is on Reconquista. I have never been there so cannot comment, other than the location is ok...though not as good as either of the first two.

Castelar. The runt of this litter. Not as well kept as the other hotels, although some rooms are larger and nicer than others.
Old May 4th, 2004, 03:02 AM

I can recommend the Argenta Towers which we have used several times. Very nice hotel, we make reservations through Cintia from wowargentina and she has gotten us very good rates. I supposed any other travel agent might do. What I mean rates have been better this way.
Old May 7th, 2004, 07:29 AM

of course all hotels give the same rate to agencies and agencies please people who recommend them
Old May 11th, 2004, 01:57 PM
ev
Original Poster

Thank you all for your comments! I really appreciate it. As an alternative to hotels: Does anyone have experience with renting an apartment in BA?
Old May 13th, 2004, 04:10 AM

for drdawggy,

Our location for lodging is located in Colegiales - which has been described to us as: a small, quiet and safe neighbourhood within walking distance of Palermo Hollywood and the ?Soho? district of Buenos Aires,

My question to you is about restaurants in this general location. Do you have a recommendation for Colegialas?

Thank you.
Old May 13th, 2004, 08:23 AM

I do not know Colegiales, other than to say the description fits....It is off the beaten tourist path, which has advantages and disadvantages....you will certainly be more immersed in the culture than in the more tourist oriented barrios....

There are many good places to eat in Palermo Hollywood/Soho/}Viejo..which are all near each other....I like Dominga on Honduras street......great steaks and pasta....heavenly desserts....Mexican...try Xalapa....Spirit is good for tapas and....Dashi has excellent sushi...