Search

Argentina Itinerary

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23rd, 2004, 08:38 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Argentina Itinerary

First time visitor to Argentina. My friend sent me an itinerary of a proposed trip with her for February. She's already been there and wants to see places a bit out of the ordinary. My question is would I be missing out on some must see's in Argentina.
Here is the itinerary:
4 nights Buenos Aires
3 nights El Calafate
2 nights Ushuaia
Thanks for your input!
Old Aug 23rd, 2004, 01:40 PM

i would definitely change it a bit.

2 days in the Falls, Iguazu.
one night in the most spectacular
hotel Sheraton. There are much cheaper options.

5 days Buenos Aires
Colonia trip, ranch, delta, etc.

2 days Calafate
in the best place in front of the glaciers or in a ranch there.

4 days Ushuaia.
all excursions are possible at that time of the year, the island offers lots of things. Make ushuaia a base and explore the island.

find out about the tickets in a programme Aerolineas Argentinas.
Old Aug 23rd, 2004, 03:23 PM

Glaciers and Igauzu Falls are the two scenic wonders that are most distinctive in Argentina. There are many other enjoyable things to do and see....but these two top the list, along with the sophisticated urban center of Buenos Aires.

Old Aug 24th, 2004, 05:30 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for your responses. I did visit Iguassu from the Brazil side. Would it pay to also see it from the Argentina side? Also would you spend more time in Ushuaia rather than Calafate?.
In other words changing the itinerary from 3 nights in Clafate to 2 nights..and Ushuaia to 3 nights from 2.
I have a total of 9 nights to play with.
Thanks again!
Old Aug 26th, 2004, 05:47 AM

If you already visited the falls from the brazilian side, don't expect the argentinian side to be much better, actually I think it isn't half as nice. Having said that, I would scratch the falls altogether and spend more nights in Calafate or Ushuaia.
I'm planning also a visit to Calafate in November of this year and from a friend's recommendation the minimun stay there is 3 nights in order to enjoy the sights properly. Two nights leaves you just one day for sightseeing which you'll regret later!
Paulie
Old Aug 26th, 2004, 06:40 AM

Paulie, we are going to be in Calafate for three days/four nights. What activities did your friend recommend?
Old Aug 27th, 2004, 05:29 AM

I was recommended to stay for 3 nights. The activities I was told not to miss were the excursion to the Perito Moreno Glacier, the boat ride to the glacier and a visit to the Upsala glacier the next day. Also you can squeeze in a visit to Estancia Alice which they say is pretty nice.
One of the things I planned to do was a trekking excursion in the glacier but as it so happens I'm pregnant, so that is well out of the question..but if you go you shouldn't miss it.
Paulie
Old Aug 27th, 2004, 05:49 AM

Thanks, Paulie. Those activities are on my list, too. Visits to ranches in that area are usually overnight events and I don't find it that appealing. We are going in February, too. I hope we don't roast in BA.

How nice that you are pregnant. Best wishes. February is 6 months away. Are you going before or after the baby?

Old Aug 27th, 2004, 05:52 AM

Estancia Alice is a nice place in Calafate. the same as Harburton in Ushuaia. This is if you want to stay in ranches in the south quite expensive as a choice.

Old Aug 27th, 2004, 11:49 AM

I'm going in early November and right now I'm only 5 weeks pregnant so I don't expect it to be a problem.
I'm trying to decide where to stay although I leaning towards Posada Los Alamos..any comments from someone who has been there?
Paulie
Old Aug 30th, 2004, 07:36 AM

Posada Los Álamos: heard it was ok.
have not been in the posada but the area is so nice that you have your stay guaranteed anywhere.