Paris Hotel

Jun 25th, 2002, 12:10 PM
Dan

Paris Hotel

Me and My wife (both 26 yrs old) will be visiting Paris for the first time in January for 1 week. We would like to find a hotel @ 80-100$/euros per night. Location doesn't really matter, however, something centrally located would be nice. Shower and Toliet in the room is a must. CLEAN and NICE. Am I asking for too much at this price. Any ideas, recommendations or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Jun 25th, 2002, 12:17 PM
Beth

You certainly should do a search on this site under "paris hotels." There are quite a few places in Paris in that price range that are lovely. I've stayed in the Hotel Muguet, which is extremely clean, nice, and in a good area. The Muguet runs about 90 euros a night for its rooms with queen-size beds.

Jun 25th, 2002, 12:57 PM
Jessi

I absolutely ADORE the Hotel Sunny, near the Rue Mouffetard. It's only a few blocks from the Metro, in an area with plenty to do, and the rooms are well in your price range. It is a very typical Parisian hotel, with tiny (clean) rooms, an antiquated elevator that sometimes works, a nosy desk clerk, cafe and pain in the mornings, and CHARM throughout. And yes, the rooms are en suite, which is a BIG plus!

Jun 25th, 2002, 02:37 PM
Alice

Stayed in Hotel de Turenne in April 2001. Located on avenue Tourville, metro stop Ecole-Militaire, 7th. Walking distance to Eiffel Tower and Napoleon's Tomb, couple of blocks from Rick Steve's beloved rue Cler (shops, bakeries, etc). Double (2 twins together) with bath was about $75. The breakfast was about $5 pp more, very good croissants, coffee and juice. Cute hotel, clean rooms, nice man at the desk (Portuguese). Can see the pictures on www.france-hotel-guide.com. No minibar. Faxed them directly for reservations, responded overnight.

Jun 25th, 2002, 04:45 PM
shipi

Hi Dan. I was in Paris with my husband last April. We went to Europe for a month. In Paris, we stayed at Colisee hotel, of Best Western. It's near of Triunph Arc and a block of a metro. It's very clean and safe. I think it was 110 euros per night. I recomend you. Good luck for you and your wife. Bye.

Jun 26th, 2002, 12:05 AM
Cindy

We just returned from our first visit to Paris, and must recommend a delightful place to stay that might fit the bill for you - the Hotel du Dragon, in the Germain de Pres. Lovely little family owned hotel, clean, comfortable, relatively quiet, but within walking distance of two metro stops, tons of shops and many of the sights you will want to see. We paid 90 euros for a double with shower and toilet. The staff is very pleasant and helpful.

Jun 26th, 2002, 10:07 AM
Tim C.

On our trip to Paris in March, we found a hotel that cost only $50 a night and it was located near three metro stations. Castex hotel in the Bastille is clean and convenient with friendly staff as well. The bathroom is very clean with the main downsize being no tv and beds that look uncomfortable,yet aren't.

Jun 26th, 2002, 11:09 AM
jill

Dan
I'll ditto the reply regarding Hotel Muguet. Very nice, clean well-located hotel in the 7th. About 2 blocks from metro stop, 1 block from Rue Cler and many good restaurants, and down the street from a laundry. We made all our reservations over the internet without any problems.

Jun 26th, 2002, 02:24 PM
daniela

Ditto for the Muguet. 100 euros (end of May 2002) for queen size bed, super clean bathroom with new fixtures and double window. Room 42 I beleave, on the back courtyard, very quiet. We declined breackfast since Rue Cler is so close.Super location. We made the reservations on the web.

Jun 26th, 2002, 02:28 PM
Karen

We stayed at the Familia in the 5th. Good location in the heart of the Latin Quarter - clean and well-taken care of. I believe breakfast is included in the room price.

Enjoy your trip to Paris!

Jun 27th, 2002, 03:09 PM
ttt

ttt

Jun 27th, 2002, 03:14 PM
richardab

For a nice simple hotel I recommend the Hotel Britannique. This is a small but very cozy little hotel in the 1st Arrondissement which is close to public transportation, museums and shopping. The rooms are small but very clean and comfortable. Rates for a double are around 149 euros. Here is there websight;

http://www.hotel-britannic.com

Another hotel that is highly recommended is the Caron de Beaumarchais. I have always heard good things about this hotel. Rates for a frontside double are around 142 euros.

http://www.carondebeaumarchais.com

Jun 27th, 2002, 05:19 PM
E

Check out Hotel des Arenes on rue Monge in the 5th. Good value, good location.

Jun 27th, 2002, 06:08 PM
jeanne

I've booked rooms at Hotel Bonaparte for October at 104 Euro including tax and breakfast. It's in the 6th near Sainte Sulpice and Lux Gardens. No website but it's reviewed by Fodors on this site. Phone and Fax #'s are there.

Jun 27th, 2002, 06:54 PM
linda

Ditto, ditto for the Hotel Muguet. Stayed there last October. Great location,clean, helpful staff and location, location, location!!!