Relais Bosquet in Paris

Old Jun 6th, 2003, 09:09 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Relais Bosquet in Paris

I have reservations at the Relais Bosquet near Rue Cler in Paris end of October. Can anybody give me some info on the hotel and the area?
Old Jun 6th, 2003, 09:15 AM

I haven't stayed there, but here is some info

Fodor's forum July 02: " We just recently stayed at the Hotel Relais Bosquet and loved it. I don't know what time of year you are travelling in, but we were there during the heat wave and the hotel has A/C, which was a lifesaver. We opted for the superior room, which was quite large, with a very nice bathroom. The cost was 160 Euros/nt. The breakfast was a little pricey for a continental breakast, but there were a number of little restaurants nearby serving breakfast for less.It was very convenient. We were about 2-3 blocks from a Metro station and walking distance to rue Cler (pedestrian market) and to the Eiffel Tower. Also, there is a bakery next door and a grocery store a few doors down. The rooms have a mini-bar (little refrigerator) in the rooms, which made it convenient."

Aug 2001: " We've visited Paris many times and stayed this past April at the Relais Bosquet Hotel in the 7th Arr. It's a lovely hotel and they have a website if want to see some info on it. We had a "superior room", on the 6th floor with a view of 3/4 the Eiffel Tower. We really enjoyed it, but remember most rooms are pretty small in Paris (hence the superior room, it was larger!!). Nice bathroom (modern), large closet, iron & ironing board, elevator, pleasant staff, 1.5 blocks from Metro, right around the corner from Rue Cler (marvelous pedestrian street with lots of food shops), etc. We paid $120 but breakfast was not included. A nice continental breakfast could be had downstairs in the breakfast room (one side non-smoking, one side smoking)."
(Elaine?s note: Hotel recommended by Rick Steves, May 2000 as ?bright, spacious, comfortable rooms?. 19 rue du Champs de Mars. Hotel also praised in the book Great Sleeps in Paris which mentioned ?comfort, space, peacefulness?. Some amenities for infants are available. Some rooms are above-average in size, that is above average for small Paris hotels. Elevator, hairdryers, tv. All credit cards.)

Old Jun 6th, 2003, 09:44 AM

Well, it looks like Elaine cut and pasted my reply from 2001. I'm sure rates are higher now. It's a nice small hotel and the staff was pleasant. The area is very safe, I have relatives who live just a few blocks from there. It's mostly a residential area and it's nice because it is generally quiet. You can easily get to the Eiffel Tower and Invalides but other sights will require a long walk or Metro ride. The rooms are not huge, even the superior ones so keep that in mind. We did have enough room in ours tho (unlike some hotel in Paris) and we had a good sized closet, nice bathroom (separate w/c), complimentary coffee/tea. It's a decent 3 Star hotel.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Republique (4 Star hotel) this past April and really liked it a lot. (Much nicer then Relais Bosquet, but more expensive). I did a review of it so if you do a search you will find it.
Old Jun 6th, 2003, 10:01 AM

there are about a zillion posts on here about the rue cler area as a lot of people like it. IN case you aren't aware, that's a promoted area by Rick Steves (of the travel groups), so you can read about it in his books, or perhaps his web site.

I remember Sue of LV stayed at the Relais Bosquet a year or two ago and enjoyed it and did a trip report on here. I tried to book it for this June, but it was booked up several months ahead, unfortunately, so I booked the Muguet instead.

If you aren't aware of the search tool, these will be very easy searched and you'll get lots of info; simply type "cler" into the search box and hit France, or type "bosquet" in and hit france. That should do it.
Old Jun 7th, 2003, 09:18 AM

My ears must be burning. I loved this hotel. Here's my trip report from last year; it's right in the beginning, but also some of my experience with the area.

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...=2&tid=1371813