Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Hotel Lindbergh in 7th Arrondisement, Paris

Feb 27th, 2004, 11:26 AM
Original Poster

Can anyone give me information about the Hotel Lindbergh 5 Rue Chomel in Paris (75007). We are planning a trip to Paris for a family of four and would like to know more about the area and if the hotel rooms have mini-refrigerators? Any knowledge of this hotel would be appreciated.
Thanks
carob
Feb 27th, 2004, 11:31 AM

The 7th arrondissement is a very nice area; I can't help with the hotel because it's not in the red Michelin guide. However, most rooms have only a mini-bar, and some managements can get huffy if you take their stuff out to put your own in.
Feb 27th, 2004, 11:36 AM

I have stayed there some years ago. It was a typical two-star hotel. The rooms are quite small, and they certainly didn't have mini-refrigerators then. I doubt that there would be room for one, at least in the room I had.

It's well situated, on a reasonably quiet street with good access to the metro.

Feb 27th, 2004, 11:47 AM

If you google you can find the rates (which I assume you already know) and bring up tripadvisor.com for reviews. For the same price you can stay at the squeaky clean and much recommended Muguet. I think you would have to go to at least a 3* before getting a minibar--and some minibars now are arranged such that if you even move something it will generate a charge.
Feb 27th, 2004, 11:51 AM

The two-star recently renovated Hôtel de France in the 7th has admittedly small rooms, but does have mini-bars (which management does NOT mind you stocking with your own goodies).

The 7th is my favorite arrondissement -for me, it's the perfect mix of a rather gentrified Parisian residential area with lots of restaurants and cafés and shops, and it's an easy métro ride to most of the sites.
Feb 27th, 2004, 11:57 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for info about the Muguet. It looks very nice but didn't fit our needs as there are four of us and we need a quad room (very hard to find in 7th arrondisement it seems). We stayed at the Hotel D'Orsay two years ago. It was wonderful but already booked up. We would really like to know if there are mini-refrigerator's at the Hotel Lindbergh? Thanks again! carob
Feb 27th, 2004, 12:02 PM

Can't help you with the Lindbergh, but both the Hôtel de France that I previously mentioned and the Hôtel Duquense-Eiffel (also in the 7th) have quad rooms; the Duquesne also has chambres communicantes - two double rooms sharing a small corridor.
Feb 27th, 2004, 12:03 PM

The correct spelling is Duquesne - sorry about that - in case you want to google it.
Feb 27th, 2004, 12:46 PM

Also, the Muguet has quad rooms. All rooms ending in one are quads.
Feb 27th, 2004, 12:49 PM

Hotel de l'Empereur in the 7th (right across the street from LaTour Maubourg metro station) has quads and mini-bars.

Feb 27th, 2004, 01:48 PM

I've had 2* hotels in Paris with minibars, although many don't. That's one reason I don't like the Muguet that well, actually, and probably wouldn't stay there again.

I don't know the Lindbergh but it's been around in guidebooks for 25 years -- I remember my first Frommers Paris book suggested it. I assume you've seen the hotel's web site? That's probably the best source of info. It does not mention them in their least of amenities and the room picture doesn't show one, so I think you can assume they don't have one. Any hotel that has one usually mentions that fact as it's a plus. If you really want to know more, why don't you just email them? Their web site has a form
http://www.paris-hotel-lindbergh.com/index.html
Feb 27th, 2004, 01:55 PM

Two webs that reflect 'minibar' if there IS one do not reflect so for Hotel Lindbergh.
www.parishotels.com
www.federal-hotel.com
Neither does their own website.
http://www.paris-hotel-lindbergh.com...-rooms-01.html