albergo del senato in rome just back

Old May 22nd, 2003, 04:49 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
albergo del senato in rome just back

just a short note to thank for all the help on this board. you wont find a better location or hotel in that area. you can walk to all points from there. rooms and hotel are real clean. they have a roof top bar that opens from 6pm. to 11pm. we stayed on 6th floor. it had a small terrace. paid 240 euro. be sure to ask for room faceing pantheon. there is a small market right around the cornor for water and wine etc. that is cheap. so you can save there. still have jet lag, so will try to list more later.
Old May 23rd, 2003, 09:44 PM

I will be going to Rome in July and was thinking about staying here....
Do you have an e-mail address for the hotel or a phone number? I would like to book a suite (junior or senior) for 2 adults and 2 children.....
Old May 24th, 2003, 03:52 PM

The email I have is: [email protected]
Old May 24th, 2003, 04:29 PM

Thanks Grinisa! I enjoyed reading your posts. We are definitely looking into the Del Senato and I have sent them an e-mail. Unfortunately, it looks like we cannot get a room facing the Pantheon. They gave me the information for rooms and rates, but stated that they didn't have anything facing the Pantheon. Is it still worth it to stay here and maybe just request a change upon check-in if it's possible? Still trying to book Venice as well. Hope you can post later!
Old May 24th, 2003, 05:35 PM

Of course the view of the Pantheon makes the Del Senato special but even without it, it's a wonderful hotel. Nice rooms of good size, attentive service, good breakfast, reasonably priced and what can I say--location, location, location. I'd book it and then maybe there will be a cancellation when you get there and you can get a Pantheon view room.
Old May 24th, 2003, 06:03 PM

I haven't been to Fodors for awhile, but I saw this post and thought I'd put my two cents in. We stayed at this hotel last May largely because of the great suggestions from this board and highly recommend it.We had a back room (forget which floor). We had a choice and thought (wrongly) that a front facing room would be too noisy. Stay here! You won't regret it!
Old Jun 7th, 2003, 09:29 AM

My husband & I just got back from Rome & we stayed at the Albergo del Senato based solely on all of the recommendations from this board. We could not have been happier. Our room did face the Pantheon, but I think you will still be thrilled without the view. This was our 2nd trip to Rome & after walking everywhere, the Piazza del Rotunda was still our favorite square & how lucky were we to be staying right at its doorstep! Although there are plenty of tourists, the piazza doesn't have that seedy feeling that some other touristy areas of Rome have. We could also walk everywhere from the location...it was perfect!