Paris for 2 parents, 2 teens

Old Jan 28th, 2003, 04:49 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paris for 2 parents, 2 teens

We'll be there in April for a week. We've been a number of times, but with the "kids" now being "teens" I'm hoping to find a hotel/inn, that will be comfortable for us as well as allowing some privacy. Perhaps 2 adjoinimg rooms or a suite. We'd love to be around the Latin quarter, or Montparnasse, but the Marais or Place Vendome or Montmartre would be fine as well. We are trying to keep it on the economical side, and, of course we need a bathroom as well as shower or tub. Any ideas?
Old Jan 28th, 2003, 07:35 PM

Doesn't meet any of your location criteria, but our family of four loves the chambres communicantes at both the Hotel Duquesne-Eiffel and the Hotel de France in the 7me. Plus the Hotel Duquesne has a 5th-floor suite - less privacy and only one bathroom, but spacious.
Old Jan 28th, 2003, 09:11 PM

I'm not sure what "economical" means to you, but we have stayed nearly every two years since '82 at Hotel Aiglon in the Montparnasse area (actually, across the street from both the Raspail Metro and the Montparnasse Cemetery). About 2 blocks to Luxembourg Gardens in one direction, and the Tour Montparnasse in the other.

Suite "A" would be ideal for you and your 2 teens. Otherwise, you could take 2 rooms, or even a room and a junior suite. The prices are good; some of the suites have 2 separate w.c.'s. Great location, down the street from Le Dome and many Breton creperies. Try a google search on "hotel aiglon" paris and you'll come up with the website, prices, and photos.
Old Jan 29th, 2003, 03:31 AM

We have used the Hotel de Fleurie, just off St Germaine in the 6th. They have "family rooms" which are two rooms with a common hallway, that can be closed off to the main hallway. They have individual bathrooms and offer a combination of "togetherness" and privacy.

The staff is friendly and efficient with reservations or other help.

http://www.hotel-de-fleurie.tm.fr

Enjoy Paris . . Rich
Old Jan 29th, 2003, 04:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We will also be in Paris in April with our two teenage daughters (well, the younger is 12 but she thinks she's a teenager). I did a lot of research on our hotel options, and ended up booking Hotel du Danube in the 6th. Two rooms with a connecting bath for 210 euros/night. I seriously considered the Regent's Hotel on Rue Madame as well. I think that would have been a little cheaper but I thought the Danube looked a lttle nicer. Another choice for families would be Hotel Familia in the 5th - they do have quad rooms. Hotel Fleurie was a little more expensive - 300 euros for a connecting room. Good luck!
Old Jan 29th, 2003, 04:43 AM
Brutforce

You may want to explore apartments as well. It will certainly afford you more space & seperation. You can search on here or if you just type in Paris apartments in yahoo there are plenty of options at typically similar prices to hotels. (Although you can spend much more).

Old Jan 29th, 2003, 05:51 AM

4 of us stayed in a suite at the Grand hotel St. Michel. The suite was 2 rooms. It was adequate but not much space beyond the beds. Each room had a TV. The living room (had 2 day beds) also had a small refridgerator. The toilet and shower were in separate rooms from one another, off the living room area. The hotel was very clean and had a very nice breakfast room in the basement. It's in the Latin Qtr, very near sorbonne (sp?). I would have preferred something roomier, but it served the purpose and was moderately priced.