Munich lodging

Jan 11th, 2019, 06:04 PM
Original Poster

Munich lodging

My wife and I will be spending two days in Munich this fall. We are looking for budget lodging in Munich near bus or train transportation to/from Airport. What is the best way to get to and from the airport? Any suggestions for hotels (max 120 euros/night). Thank you.
Jan 11th, 2019, 06:17 PM

When are you going? Be mindful of Oktoberfest (usually around 20 of September into first week of October), which will significantly increase hotel prices. If you are going to be traveling to Munich during this time - book early (i.e. by March/April)

Sightseeing: please advise of your interests. They vary from person to person and what I would want to see would vary from what you want to see. Spending some time consulting guidebooks will help with this as well.

I will defer to others as I arrived in Munich via train from Salzburg, but if I remember correctly there is train access from airport to Munich's central train station.

Last edited by Travel_Nerd; Jan 11th, 2019 at 06:20 PM.
Jan 11th, 2019, 06:33 PM

I always stay near the train station when I'm in Munich. My go to hotel is expensive during October so I don't think would fit your budget but I've also stayed at the Art hotel and Tryp hotel not too far away. They say that area is a bit dodgy but I had no issues with it even late at night. I also always use the airport shuttle bus. You can buy tickets from the driver.
Jan 11th, 2019, 06:49 PM
mms

We stayed at Pension Lindner and Hotel Viktualienmarkt. Both Were in your budget, but we were there in September and left a day before Oktoberfest began. We loved both hotels and their locations. PL is in the Marienplatz area and HV is a block from the Viktualienmarkt market. Both were well kept with excellent breakfasts and very easy access to the train. We took the train in from the airport and it was very easy.
Jan 12th, 2019, 11:22 AM
Original Poster

We will be leaving Munich a few days before Oktoberfest. Thanks for the heads up. Thanks for the suggestions.
Jan 12th, 2019, 11:27 AM
Original Poster

We will checkout your hotel suggestions.Thanks.
Jan 12th, 2019, 11:31 AM
Original Poster

Sounds like they would work for us. Thank you.
Jan 12th, 2019, 01:56 PM

Oh yes, this oktoberfest! Someone comes to him specifically, and on the contrary, he hurries to leave the city before this holiday.

Search this Thread