Luxembourg

May 12th, 2003, 09:32 AM
Original Poster

Luxembourg

Does anyone have any suggestions on hotels (website included please) in Luxembourg City for under 120 Euro. Thanks
May 12th, 2003, 10:17 AM

Ann1,

You probably aren't going to receive a lot of feedback regarding Luxembourg. In a way, that is good because it is not overrun with tourists.

Here is a link to the Luxembourg Tourist Office. This one happens to be in the UK, but the content is the same.

http://www.luxembourg.co.uk/

In my research on Luxembourg City, we chose the Hotel Schintgen. It is right on the Place D'Armes (the main pedestrian area). We like to be in the center of things. Not sure about their price, but the Tourist page will help.

Good luck. It's a beautiful city.

Curious
May 12th, 2003, 11:37 AM

We stayed there last July on the Hotel le Chatelet (Boulevard Petrusse), and it was very good. It's clean, safe, cheap, and full of character. It's not in the city center, but close enough if you don't mind 5-10 minutes of a romantic walk in that little streets. Go to www.chatelet.lu. Rates are ranging between 80-120 Euro.
Enjoy Lux. City, it's a wonderful town.

May 12th, 2003, 11:40 AM

The most reasonably priced hotels are likely to be near the main train station, which is on the opposite side of the Pont Viaduc from the old town.

About this time last year, we stayed at a place on Rue Joseph Junck. I believe it was called the Relais Mercure. From there, it was about a fifteen minute walk to the old town on the other side of the Petrusse gorge. The only negative comment I can make about this hotel was that the underground parking garage was down a narrow and very steep ramp. I got our car in and out without damage, but the multi-colored paint along the walls clearly indicated that others were not so lucky.

Incidentally, if you have not been to Luxembourg City, you will probably love the place. I place it easily among the top ten places that we have ever visited, and we travel a lot. Luxembourg is one of those places that reminds us why we travel.
May 12th, 2003, 12:14 PM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone. To Curious, yes I did check out that website before, thanks. I was wondering if anyone had any experiences.I will look at the suggestions everyone gave. My grandmother came from Luxembourg and married my grandfather in the Cathedral. A romantic war story. We're really looking forward to the vistit. Thanks again everyone.