Reload this Page >

Hotels in Luxembourg City

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 03:45 AM
Dave

I'm traveling to Lux in August and want to stay in a hotel close to the city center. I heard that the Hotel Cravat is nice - anyone been there? Any other suggestions? <BR><BR>Thanks!<BR>Dave

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 04:10 AM
Hiho

Yes, the Cravat is a great place to tie one on!!!!!

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 06:07 AM
Dick Yeager

Dave,<BR><BR>Was in Lux City a couple of weeks ago just for a day. We did look at the Hotel Cravat (just the lobby). Beautiful and a great location. It is pricey.<BR><BR>Dick

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 06:37 AM
lol

I've stayed in the Parc Belle Vue. It's about a five minute walk from the centre, but you get the benefits of large grounds and a views over the gorge/city (it is right on the edge)

Old Jun 18th, 2002, 08:58 AM
Caution

OMG! Stay away from the train station area if you can afford it! We were on a budget and the Hotel Zurich was our best option (at @65euro!) Not pleasant environs. Sex shops and bars everywhere. The hotel itself could have been worse but it was rather noisy til very early in the morning. Just a bit of a walk to the old town though.

Old Aug 28th, 2002, 03:08 AM
Dave

Just returned from Luxembourg - we stayed at the Cravat. The hotel is very nice, staff courteous and helpful, and the room was spacious with a fantastic view. On the down side, there was no a/c in our room (some of the interior rooms have a/c), and at 85 degrees we had to sleep with windows open. Very noisy! The hotel is on a main street and the traffic never stops (car horns, shouting, partiers, the works). If you go when the weather isn't too hot and don't have to open the windows, your experience will be super. Otherwise, find another place.<BR><BR>Thanks for the suggestions!<BR>Dave